Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm back again with another rta review and I'm glad you made it here. Dovpo has had great success with the very popular Blotto line of rta's and they added another to the line, a single coil rta called the Blotto Single Coil not to be confused with the Blotto Single Coil Mini. The mini was more open in the airflow department and this single coil I'm reviewing today is more of a restricted direct lung atomizer that is still 100% Blotto with it's bottlecap design but with a more restricted vape. As always lets check out some details on this RTA prior to my review of it.

blotto-single-banner.jpg

DOVPO_Blotto_Single_Coil_RTA_for_Direct_Lung_Vaping.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

DOVPO_Blotto_Single_Coil_RTA_Colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

1* Blotto Single Coil RTA

1* Glass Bubble Tube

1* PCTG Bubble Tube

1* Accessory Bag

1* User Manual

1* Bottle Opener

DovpoBlottoSingleCoilRTA_13.jpg

PARAMETERS

DOVPO Blotto Single Coil RTA 23mm

* Brand DOVPO

* Product Name Blotto Single Coil RTA

* Airflow 272 degree airflow

* Capacity 2.8ml(straight glass), 5ml(bubble glass)

* Diameter 23mm

* Filling Type Top filling

* Color Black, Gunmetal, Stainless Steel

FEATURES

DOVPO Blotto Single Coil RTA Tank

• 1. Design for single coil direct lung vaping
    • 2. Original honeycomb air flow, smooth to adjust
    • 3. Comes with honeycomb holes inside the posts
    • 4. Improved cotton well
    • 5. Elevated metal backed airflow posts
    • 6. Top refilling design
    • 7. Strengthened AFC ring & base
    • 8. Dual diffusion airflow system

Original Honeycomb Air Flow
    The Blotto Single Coil RTA continues the original honeycomb air ring, which is smooth to adjust. It also comes with honeycomb holes insides the posts to provide the advanced air diffusion solution. When the air flows through the RTA, the honeycomb holes deliver the air evenly through the wire & cotton, offering superior flavor to match your taste. You can tell the E-liquid profile layer by layer from one deep puff.

Improved Cotton Well
    In order to offer the best flavor, the cotton well of the Blotto Single RTA has narrowed to the perfect size for single coil cottons, so the juice will be vaporized adequately and rich of layering. However, the cotton well’s not too narrow either, so even vapers who are new to RBA vape can set the coil and the cottons easily.

Elevated Metal Backed Airflow Posts
    For the latest Blotto Single RTA posts, we utilized stainless steel to seal the honey-combed style posts, to be more tolerable to the heat. The positive and negative posts formed a 272°circle where the built wire sits. When vaping, the air goes through the posts and be diffused from the honeycomb holes to the wet cotton evenly, to provide the refreshing and loyal taste to vapers.
    DovpoBlottoSingleCoilRTA_11.jpg

BREAKDOWN

DOVPO_Blotto_Single_Coil_RTA_Product_Overview.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging for the RTA was pretty basic with a transparent window on the front of the box displaying the Blotto Single Coil RTA in a cutout of foam as many company's do, underneath are 2 other tubes/tanks, 1 is a bubble glass and the other is a bubble yellow PCTG, both bubble tubes have a 5ml capacity. The RTA ships with a straight glass tube/tank already installed on the atomizer that has a 2.8ml capacity. No coil or wicking material is included.

20211218_051351.jpg

With this being a smaller version and having a smaller build deck than the original I decided to do my review with the straight glass on it, I'm not a fan of bubble glass but sometimes I have no choice but to use them, thankfully this time I did.

I did want to install the glass bubble just to see how it looked and take a picture for you so I proceeded to remove the straight glass but it wasn't coming off, after about 5 minutes of trying I knew what needed to done next.

I filled a plastic bowl with very hot soapy water (Dawn) and let it and the deck soak for about a half hour. I removed it and rinsed all the soapy water off , dried the glass and tried to remove the straight glass again to no avail, it felt glued in place. The next thing I tried was using a rubber jar opener on the glass and after a couple of minutes of twisting the glass back and forth it finally pulled free. After cleaning all the pieces I laid them out to dry. I put the bubble tank on it but decided to stay with the 2.8ml straight glass for testing the atomizer, the appearance with straight glass is so much better.

20211218_072511.jpg

20211218_083721.jpg

The Blotto Single Coil is a top fill atomizer that attaches uses the Bayonet style and has a 1/4 turn opening/closing. The juice fill ports support 100ml bottle tips but just barely, you wont be able to insert the tip into the fill port but filling using this type of tip works just fine and is mess free.

20211218_125522.jpg

The dual airflow inlet slots that sit 180° from each other are honeycombed providing a very smooth airflow at any setting, I also love how Dovpo and Vaping Bogan designed the honeycombed post holes to be offset giving 272° of airflow to the coil (great idea), also there is some airflow coming up underneath to coil.

20211218_120441.jpg

As you can see the Blotto Single Coil uses a raised deck platform and is really a post less deck because of the way of attaching the coil legs, after cutting to size which you can use the Bogan Skull tool to do or use the Coily tool tool on the 4.5 or 5 mark then drop the legs in the holes then tighten and make your adjustments to center the coil on the deck. If you like a more open airy vape I would go with a 2.5mm diameter coil, I chose to use a 3mm coil to judge how restricted the vape would be and I loved it, (just right) with the airflow fully open.

20211218_123053.jpg

When wicking you want to cut the cotton right at the edge of the metal deck where it meets the rubber O-ring, you will need to thin out your tails so they just fall into the wick wells without force, I thinned the tails pictured below much more after trying a fitment.

20211218_124436.jpg

You want your tails to either just poke through or drop down just before hitting bottom as I did on this build that was a 0.24Ω 3mm Quad-Core Fused Clapton coil that hits my sweet spot at 58 watts. The only thing I would have changed on the deck was the screws from Flat head to Phillips head.

20211218_125243.jpg

20211218_125035.jpg

After getting the atomizer together it was time to find it a home on top of a mod, looking through some recent review items I came across it's new home. I think the all Black murdered out look with white lettering of the mod and the White Skull really make this combo pop, don't you agree.

20211218_125646.jpg

PROS

* Great Flavor

* Attractive

* Smooth Airflow

* Quarter Turn Top Cap

* 3 Tank Tubes Included

* Easy Build Deck

CONS

* No Cotton Or Coil Included

* No Build Directions In The Manual - (Bad For Inexperienced Or New Vapers)

USING THE BLOTTO SINGLE COIL RTA

After the problem of trying to get the straight glass off was taken care of it's been nothing but smooth sailing using this atomizer. I will say that I'm surprised that Dovpo failed to include some cotton or at least 1 coil in the box.

As far as ease of use any seasoned vaper should have no trouble building on this great deck but I wouldn't recommend it to a new vaper.

The wicking works very well even chain vaping (no dry hits yet) and the airflow for my taste is perfect, I never tried a 2.5mm coil because the 3mm I installed was and still is performing great. I think those of you that like a airy vape should use a 2.5mm coil though.

The flavor that this RTA puts out is great, I didn't think it was going to be as good as it is. I like the Blotto Single Coil more than the original Blotto I have to say.

I would like to thank Joyi and Sourcemore for providing the Blotto Single Coil RTA for the purpose of this review. If you like a RDL vape and great flavor you should pick one up for yourself, you won't be disappointed. You can pick one up at Sourcemore clicking on this link.

DOVPO Blotto Single Coil RTA 23mm Tank Atomizer

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread