Big Kazoo 5v batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

inga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
australia
I used a Big Kazoo 5 volt for the first time. I put in two AW IMR 14500 batteries (checked both off the charger with multimeter - one was 4.15, one was 4.17. Now when I thought the batteries needed changing - just by the way the mod felt, but it was still firing - I checked again with the multi meter. One was 2.62 and the other 3.30. Is this normal?

I am a bit on the paranoid side when it comes to battery safety, and I thought a parallel battery mod was safer than a mod with stacked batteries. Is this correct?

Do I need to take note of which battery went into which side everytime I change the batts, and make sure I swap them next time? And last but not least, is a battery that is down to 2.62 safe to charge and use again, or have I over-discharged it?

thanks in advance for any answers :)

and I need to note that I am in no way criticizing this mod, I love it. I just need to know what I'm doing lol

Last edited:

Mylt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2011
Virginia
2.62 isnt fully discharged but its close. seems your mod is pulling more juice off one battery than the other. charge the batteries and check the voltage again. if the same space the low battery was in is lower than the other its time to think about doing some wiring. it should be pulling the same voltage from both so they should be close to the same voltage. now, that is unless that one cell is bad. it can and does happen, even with new cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread