Beyond steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I have a few steeping questions that may or may not be bwb specific.
1. Is there a point when a juice is as steeped as it's ever going to be? The reason I ask is-i have several bottles of malty toffee that are from different dates. They are near the very end of the bottle, and if you've had mt, you know how difficult it can be to squeeze out the vg after a while. I wanted to combine them even though they're 4-8 weeks apart in age. The newest bottle is 1 month old, the oldest is 3 months.

2. Since learning from Don that taking the lid off for steeping creates oxidation, I got to wondering if I'm doing my juice a disservice by using an eGo and dripping. This means I'm opening that bottle over and over. I've noticed the flavor (again, i'm talking about my MT) seems to be diminishing by the end of 30ml. I know there is always the whole taste buds issue, but when I crack open my next bottle I taste it fine. I'm wondering if I should get a few smaller bottles for day-to-day dripping to help preserve my big stockpile. Or am I just being ridiculous?

Again, I know I could've posted this in another place on ecf, but here I don't have to wonder if some random person who answers has a clue or not. It's like asking your family for advice instead of strangers if you know what I mean.
Thanx!

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
It is possible it could be due to not shaking it well every time you use it and the flavors separating some.

This seems most likely. I've had a similar issue with a VG based liquid that was near empty and never really shaked. Tasted like nothing. All the flavor goes to the top if you don't shake, so you're probably getting extreme flavoring towards the beginning and nothing but VG towards the bottom.

Its also not a bad idea to do as baner68 suggested, if you have a 30ml bottle transfer it to a 3, 5, 6 etc. ml size bottle so it gets used up quicker and the original stash isn't exposed to air as much

p.s. this post reminded me that i haven't used my malty toffee in a while - mmmm sooo delicious :) :) :) i have a 12mg born 5/16 and a 6mg born 5/26. I'm using the 6mg because its later at night...going to crack open the 5/25 bottle tomorrow and see if its any different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread