Between two flavors... need a some opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
About to place an order and trying to decide between two flavors...

Before anyone say "Just get both" I need to choose ONE! :p

Vanilla Blackberry Swirl
OR
Cherry Vanilla Swirl

I have read a lot of good reviews on the cherry, but the blackberry sounds intriguing! Personal preferences tend to lean toward the blackberry since I would assume it is a little less sweet. My concern is that fruit flavors are tough to execute but that the cherry is good (not cough medicine) but I recall very little on the blackberry...

Kinda need an answer 'cause I'm low on juice and need to put in an order!

Maybe I should just call Annette! ;)

Thanks in advance!

Allen

Nardonius

Nov 16, 2011
MD
First a caveat: I've not yet had any juices from VV (first order is en route....freakin mail system why can't we have invented an instantaneous parcel translocation system for at least.....anyway)

I would go for the blackberry. Everything I've read on the original VV thread says that its quite good and since you have a preference for blackberry anyway thats what I would go with.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I Luuuurve the Vanilla Blackberry, personally. Haven't TRIED the cherry, to be honest, but the thing I love most about the VBS is the wild very natural 'bite' of blackberry seeds. Its REALLY unique, and a must try in my opinion since I'd never had anything even similar with Blackberry flavors from vendors using artificial flavors. Heck, try both, but if you must choose...I vote blackberry. I love the Vanilla Peach, too, but the Vanilla Blackberry is one of my very faves. ;)

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
I ended up with a 1/2 oz bottle of the blackberry vanilla...

Along with...

a 1/2 oz bottle of root beer float,
a 1 oz bottle of Bella Amaretto
a 1 oz bottle of espresso

And can't wait!!

Only down side is I broke one of my two LR drip attys this evening :mad: but at least I have 8 or so brand new clearomizers just waiting in the box so all should be fine!

Now that I've been introduced to VG based juice (albeit I opted for 50/50) and getting the swing of dripping, I am quickly getting spoiled! Digging the flavor and huge vapor!
:vapor:

Thanks Annette; your stuff is going to get me into trouble with SWMBO!!

/r

Allen

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
I ended up with a 1/2 oz bottle of the blackberry vanilla...

Along with...

a 1/2 oz bottle of root beer float,
a 1 oz bottle of Bella Amaretto
a 1 oz bottle of espresso

And can't wait!!

Only down side is I broke one of my two LR drip attys this evening :mad: but at least I have 8 or so brand new clearomizers just waiting in the box so all should be fine!

Now that I've been introduced to VG based juice (albeit I opted for 50/50) and getting the swing of dripping, I am quickly getting spoiled! Digging the flavor and huge vapor!
:vapor:

Thanks Annette; your stuff is going to get me into trouble with SWMBO!!

/r

Allen
Nah, you'll be O.K.! Sending along a little extra present for you to give the S in SWMBO!

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
Allen let us all know how you like those flavors you ordered. Especially the Vanilla Blackberry Swirl! I myself this week ordered 1 oz. Cherry Vanilla Swirl
1/4 oz. Mint Chocolate Chip
1/4 oz. Blueberry Bliss
1/4 oz. Black Cherry Marshmallow
The 1/4 oz. are all new flavors to me can't wait to try them and do some reviews!
That stinks you broke on of your attys but at least you have back ups! I just ordered supplies this week to try dripping these flavors. All mine are 100% VG thinned for tank use because I am allergic I found out to PG.

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
Annette, you are 'da bomb! I wish the new stuff was here already BUT if it hasn't shipped please don't forget to throw a bunch of cards in the package. I already have had several folks ask me "what IS that?!" when I was dripping, alternating between the amaretto and espresso flavors!

The only reason I opted for the 50/50 mix is to try to increase TH a little.

The other all PG juices I have provide better TH, but the vapor is so weak compared to the VV juice I have that is all VG. I'm hoping for a good balance.

I'm just thankful that none of us have any sensitivity to either PG or VG.

On a related note, I filled a clearomizer (CE2 style) with amaretto- seems like the flavor is VERY muted for some reason. I understand it won't be a fair comparison to dripping a LR atty, but there was a much bigger difference than I had anticipated. Based on that, I can't see loading a tank with these flavors; won't have any flavor! Again, I must have already been spoiled with dripping but I need to be a little more portable. Maybe with a little more run-time followed by a clean-and-burn on the clearo will improve the flavors (it was brand new).

/r

Allen

Tendril

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
USA - Illinois
On a related note, I filled a clearomizer (CE2 style) with amaretto- seems like the flavor is VERY muted for some reason. I understand it won't be a fair comparison to dripping a LR atty, but there was a much bigger difference than I had anticipated. Based on that, I can't see loading a tank with these flavors; won't have any flavor! Again, I must have already been spoiled with dripping but I need to be a little more portable. Maybe with a little more run-time followed by a clean-and-burn on the clearo will improve the flavors (it was brand new)

Hey Allen_B,

Do you have a lot of experience with the clearomizers (CE-2)? There are many different versions and different reasons why you could be having issues for each one. We don't need to get into the specifics; there are hundred+ page topics on the forum about them. I do use clearomizers (Fluxomizer deluxe) but they are far from perfect. For example, if you don't remove the cup seal that's on from the factory (and isn't too easy to remove) your coil will probably be dry no matter what fluid you use.

I use Annette's fluids through cartotanks exclusively :)

Allen_B

Oct 28, 2011
Clinton, CT
Hey Allen_B,

Do you have a lot of experience with the clearomizers (CE-2)? There are many different versions and different reasons why you could be having issues for each one. We don't need to get into the specifics; there are hundred+ page topics on the forum about them. I do use clearomizers (Fluxomizer deluxe) but they are far from perfect. For example, if you don't remove the cup seal that's on from the factory (and isn't too easy to remove) your coil will probably be dry no matter what fluid you use.

I use Annette's fluids through cartotanks exclusively :)

I wouldn't say a lot, but the ones I am using are from Volcano (not sure who their supplier is). Only tweak is that I V-notch all of the lower cup seals.

The "issue" is not the amount of juice flowing to the cup/coil; I'm getting excellent vapor production and consistent flavor. The curious issue is the difference in flavor intensity compared to a drip atty. Yes I know dripping directly onto an atty will yield more flavor, I just didn't expect such a dramatic difference.

/r

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread