Best way to increase nicotine level without losing to much flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
Ok I FINALLY got in my first order for Pluid.... the only problem is they only had the 10 mg strength for sale. I'm a 24 mg vaper using 4 to 5 ml a day. I know no matter how good pluid (probably) will taste it won't tame the monkey on my back at only 10 mg. I'm considering ordering 100 mg /100 ml nicotine to add a bit to increase the nic level without diluting it down to much. I read a post somewhere at work that gave the exact equation for determining how much to add and then a coworker walked in and I had to close the page.... nosey co-worker that would surely get me fired for surfing these forums at work :( Now i've spent 2 days trying to find that post to no avail.
the pluid I ordered is 10mg/100 ml. Anyone know the exact math formula? I've never mixed nicotine solutions but have mixed medications for years and years. What do you experts out there recommend. Yes I know that 100mg nicotine is dangerous....
Suggestions?

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
It's not just a matter of adding nic. The nic is in a base of either pg or vg, so you also affect the ratio of your pg or vg. Plus, 100 mg nic is not the safest to mess around with. Whatever which way you add to it, you are going to affect the intended flavor.

I would enjoy it as it is. You just may find you will be just fine with less nic...or...Get your nic fix with another flavor in an alternate device.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
That's what I do myself because i have found several flavors I like the way they are but the top is always 24 mg. I basically call it get down and dirty because all my 36 mg juices aren't so good. But he only want s 24 mg and obviously he wants it in his flavor of choice.
I do too actually because getting down and dirty shouldn't have to ought a be that way.

It's not just a matter of adding nic. The nic is in a base of either pg or vg, so you also affect the ratio of your pg or vg. Plus, 100 mg nic is not the safest to mess around with. Whatever which way you add to it, you are going to affect the intended flavor.

I would enjoy it as it is. You just may find you will be just fine with less nic...or...Get your nic fix with another flavor in an alternate device.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Please forgive me, chemistry was way too long ago apparantly. I was looking at your problem and couldn't quite remember how to alter the equation v1c1=v2c2 for your situation where both the starting flavor (10mg/100mL) AND the solution you want to mix it with (100 mg/mL concentrated nic juice) both have the analyte in it...

So to make things simpler,

To get approximately 24 mg nic per 100 mL of your new solution do the following:

10 mL of the 10 mg/100mL Pluid
add 1.9 mL of the 100mg/mL nic concentrate
you end up with 11.9 mL of 2.44 mg/10 mL juice which is right about where you want to be, 24 mg strength you are used to.

How so? 10 mL of pluid is 1 mg, 1.9 mL of the nic concentrate is 1.9 mg nicotine for a total of 2.9 mg nic in 11.9 mL resultant volume. Divide 2.9 mg by 11.9 mL and you get .2437 mg/mL which is equal to 24.37 mg/100 mL.

Someone check my math quickly, before OP hurts him/herself!

Carbon

Last edited:

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA

I second that...

I was surprised at how easily I was able to go from 24mg to 10mg liquids. Almost no issues whatsoever. It is hard for me to go lower than that at this point. But I agree with Buggs5347...pluid is too hard to get to ruin what you have. And its REALLY yummy, so you will be really mad at yourself if you mess that up. Just vape what you have at the level it is, and supplement with other flavors if you need to. Then just try to get the full nic version next time its available.

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I second that...

I was surprised at how easily I was able to go from 24mg to 10mg liquids. Almost no issues whatsoever. It is hard for me to go lower than that at this point. But I agree with Buggs5347...pluid is too hard to get to ruin what you have. And its REALLY yummy, so you will be really mad at yourself if you mess that up. Just vape what you have at the level it is, and supplement with other flavors if you need to. Then just try to get the full nic version next time its available.

Ive never tried Pluid, so can't comment on how diluting it by just over 10% would affect the flavor and whatnot, but the OP must REALLY need the higher nic from his/her post I'm guessing, so adding 1.9mL of unflavored nic to 10 mL of Pluid might not affect the flavor more than he/she desires versus having an unsatisfying vape experience going through withdrawal!

Just my 2 cents, I don't know how big of a bottle he got, but if 5 or 10 mL is worth the risk of wasting it by diluting the flavor to the point that it is not as good anymore...

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
You're on the right track, but get a spreadsheet, or calculator program, and read through the DIY forums. Getting 100mg and just mixing some into premixed liquid is dangerous.

Most modern calculators include provisions for starting with a juice of a given strength, and adding nic to change it.

I would not recommend just putting a few drops of 100mg in, until it 'feels right'. Check the DIY forum, read up?

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Ive never tried Pluid, so can't comment on how diluting it by just over 10% would affect the flavor and whatnot, but the OP must REALLY need the higher nic from his/her post I'm guessing, so adding 1.9mL of unflavored nic to 10 mL of Pluid might not affect the flavor more than he/she desires versus having an unsatisfying vape experience going through withdrawal!

Just my 2 cents, I don't know how big of a bottle he got, but if 5 or 10 mL is worth the risk of wasting it by diluting the flavor to the point that it is not as good anymore...

He said "probably" so I assumed that he has yet to even try it yet at the level its at. And the 10mg version also only has half of the flavoring of the full version...so its already light in that way too

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahh I didn't realize the lower nic would also have lower flavoring, that seems an odd policy! Other vendors I have tried at different nic strengths seem to be more consistent with their flavor. Is that unique to whomever makes Pluid, or am I just not in the know, so to speak?

Anyway, good advice for sure and I would second, well third, the notion to give the lower strength Pluid a try and see if it is satisfying enough. Much easier than tinkering if it's not even necessary.

Carbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread