Best way to clean a Kanger M-T3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsgnivil

Aug 14, 2013
St Louis, MO
I recently started vaping, with a Kanger M-T3 clearomizer.

Between flavors, what's the best way to clean the tank and atomizer/coil head?

I've heard boiling them, I've heard soaking them in vodka, I've even seen a few mention soaking them in white vinegar.

What do you recommend? How long should I boil? If soaking in vodka or vinegar, how long should I soak the parts before rinsing? (I know all three methods need plenty of time to air-dry before filling and vaping again)

Last edited:

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I have simply been using hot water for kanger/ismoka coils. Drop the assembly in a cup of hot water and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse it with hot water after that and then allow them to air dry. When I say hot, I mean cranking the faucet to hot and letting it settle at its highest temp. Not quite boiling, but still very hot.

I'm not saying this is the best way, but this is how I've been doing it and I've had no issues so far.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
If you are just changing juices, you don't have to boil or do any of that. You will obviously want to clean the tank out as much as possible, but you don't have to do anything to the atomizer head. yes the first few hits (which you don't have to inhale) will be the old juice then the new juice mixed with the old juice then you will be to the new juice in no time. That area doesn't fit a ton of juice so after 3 or 4 hits, it generally all new juice by then.

All the other methods you mentioned above are for giving them a good cleaning. The good cleaning needs to happen about once a week or every two weeks. As you burn the juice it leaves a residue behind on the coils. That residue deteriorates how well your coils work. Check out this video as it is never failed me on a good deep cleaning (without nasty stuff like vinegar) and extending a good vaping experience. Vapor Lady Lounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube and then if you want to get really brave and rebuild, this works like a champ (though you need something to test what ohms you have rebuilt at) Vapor Lady Lounge Rebuild a Protank Atomizer, eVod Atomizer A New Way - YouTube Since the evod, protank and mt3 all have the same design of the atomizer (though mt3 atomizer is slightly different size) you can use and mt3, protank or evod video. Hope this helps...

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
Rinsing well in hot water should be all you need to do. If you are really worried about flavor creep, follow sidekick's advice and soak the heads in water for a while; If you have another head use that while the original one is soaking then dry the cleaned head completely and keep it for a rainy day (or when you are ready to change flavors again).

I wouldn't put vinegar anywhere near the wicks or the rubber o-rings, as you will probably have a difficult time not tasting vinegar when you vape it again and the rubber rings could be compromised.

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
We've been doing the ultrasonic cleaner with vodka... but yesterday we bought a Bissell powershot steam cleaner... read a lot of posts on here about steam cleaning and the benefits (fast, quick dry time, etc.) seem to outweigh the cons.
:blink: a bissell??? So you are recommending buying hardware of that magnitude to clean a one dollar item? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread