Best upgrade from a mini for longer vaping - your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I've been using the eRoll PCC system for almost 6 months. Bringing the PCC with the eRoll in it and a bottle of liquid has served me well for the day, but sometimes on a drive or when I'm just sitting at home the battery life just isn't long enough, so that's the major consideration in wanting another option. A small battery with a PCC is perfect for vape breaks at work, social situations etc, but for other situations a bigger battery would work perfectly.

There is a tonne of information on this forum, and it's really cool, it's just a bit much for me - trying to read into the extent of information that exists on here is a bit mind-boggling, so I thought I'd get your opinions :)

I would love something similar in aspects to the eRoll:
-Ease of use: though VV/VW, mods, flexibility of alteration and all that jazz is exactly what some of you guys are looking for, I just want something simple that I can fill with juice and puff away. Something that doesn't need modifications and the parts that need to be replaced sometimes can be done so easily with a refill pack
-Battery life: a larger battery than the eRoll - if there's something that is considerably bigger but won't last all day and has a PCC, that would be perfect too.
-Portability and aesthetics: Something that is easily transportable, won't be finnicky in transport and looks premium.

If there's anything that's beginner-friendly, i.e. a starter pack of such a device, that would be amazing.

I know it's a lot to read; thanks!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
REO grand. REOsmods.com. Milled from a block of solid aluminum, All day battery life, onboard 6ml juice bottle that you squeeze to send the juice into your carto / atomizer / RBA, extremely durable, pocket friendly, leak free, very user friendly, excellent customer service, excellent support community here in ECF.

Here's one of mine. They're all I use. Found them one month into vaping luckily.
u2u9apaj.jpg

Last edited:

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Please respond!

!!!

eGo and a clearo. It's the trusty sidearm of the vaping world. No gimmicks, no VV/VW. Just a button and a 510 connector.

People will no doubt come chime in with ideas for what kind of clearo/tank they think would work best, but for the battery, just get an eGo. Based on what you are looking for, it sounds like exactly what you want. They come in all sorts of sizes, from shorter than your eRoll to long ones with more battery capacity than your eRoll + PCC together.

soundprysm

Aug 3, 2012
Oklahoma
I use a Bombshell Stinger(with kick). One button with a 510 connection and to me looks nice(partly because I had grown tired of all the fidling about with the stuff I just set the kick and that bit is hidden away no more thought or desire to fiddle). Mountain Vapor has some larger size (1300 mah) automatigical batteries(if you don't want a manual switch).

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Well as you said a starter kit, I'll recommend what I personally started wtih - an ego twist or a spinner. You can get them in most mAh sizes from around 600 thru 1300mAh - figure on a very rough 100mAh per hour of vaping and you have a battery that can last you all day.

They are also variable voltage, so you can adjust the taste of the vape depending on the different heads you put on the battery. You can get them in various colors too - stainless looks nice and 'premium' It's also somewhat future proof as it will accept pretty much any other heads you may wish to screw into them.

You'll also need a charger, another battery (so you can use one while the other is charging) and a juice delivery device. This is personal preference. I went with with a clearomizer type device that allowed me just to unscrew the top, fill with juice, replace and vape.

You can get a starter kit for around $75 from my vapor store - 2 batteries, 2 clearos and a charger. All you need you do is add juice. I know you said you'd prefer something that you can just plug into it and puff - like a refill pack, but adding juice to a clearo is simple and easy - and very cost effective too. It also has the advantage of not being tied to any one particular supplier as all you will be doing is purchasing juice and replacement heads for the EVOD - which are widely available at most online vape retailers.

I would recommend the EVOD clearo type. You can watch a lot of videos on youtube and do some research on these forums about this type of setup.

This is what a twist battery with an EVOD clearo looks like.

twistevod.jpg

And this is where I bought my 'starter' kit. http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Finally, I know it may not be exactly what you were looking for, but it seems it will fulfill most of your needs.

Edit - Ah, just saw you were in Australia, so please use that link as reference as I don't think they ship outside of the US.

Last edited:

ziggytrix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Dallas, TX
I just ordered Innokin iTaste VV V3 Passthrough Battery

One big selling point for me was the pass-thru battery. Means you can charge and use at the same time which to me seems ideal for long road trips or working in front of or playing on a computer.

The other selling point for me is variable wattage in an ego size battery. I know you don't care for VV/VW, but to me VW seems like it will be easy mode. If you get a different tank/cart/clearo/whatever and it needs more voltage to give the same output, you just leave it on whatever wattage you liked and it basically adjusts the voltage for you. Dead simple.

But if variable anything is a dealbreaker for you, I still think you should look into a passthru battery. Joyetech Joye eGo USB Passthrough/650mAh Battery (I don't know anything about this vendor, it was just the first hit when i googled 650 ego passthrough) IMO, 650 is a great size for long battery life while still being small enough to fit in your pocket with a clearo still on it.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
eRolll fires at 3.7 volts. JoyeTech eGo fires at 3.3 volts. Kgo fires at 3.7 volts. If looking for a VV eGo class PV the Spinner comes in different sizes from 400 mah to 1300 mah.
Kgo 1100 mah kit- $43.00
Spinner kit- $69.00
Or you could check out the eGo Mini- fires at 3.7 volts and is 400 mah- very small and kicks like a mule.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Just remember that any of the eGo type batteries become a throwaway after about 3-400 charges. The sooner you switch to something that uses replaceable batteries, the sooner you will be able to start saving money. (just something to think about when upgrading)

Being as you do not live in the US your choices could be different than mine, but the principle is the same. Buy a quality PV so that you are not always worrying about needing to buy another one.

Because I invested in quality PV's in the past, use RBA's for the most part, and use DiY e-liquids, my outlay for vaping is now measured in pennies/day instead of dollars. Yes it takes a while to get to that point, but it's well worth the effort to plan ahead when buying equipment.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    Sounds like you need an upgrade from a Cigalike setup to a Stick and Clearo Setup. Here's my two cents:

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
    2. SLB KGO VV - KGO V.V. 650mAh (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
    3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
    4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
    5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm. Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway. Anyway, welcome to ECF, congrats on quitting, and good luck on your Journey!

Last edited:

Nkayy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Just remember that any of the eGo type batteries become a throwaway after about 3-400 charges. The sooner you switch to something that uses replaceable batteries, the sooner you will be able to start saving money. (just something to think about when upgrading)

Being as you do not live in the US your choices could be different than mine, but the principle is the same. Buy a quality PV so that you are not always worrying about needing to buy another one.

Because I invested in quality PV's in the past, use RBA's for the most part, and use DiY e-liquids, my outlay for vaping is now measured in pennies/day instead of dollars. Yes it takes a while to get to that point, but it's well worth the effort to plan ahead when buying equipment.
    ALL batteries die. And since you can buy an ego battery for 8 bucks off fasttech (which is the price of rechargeable batteries) I'm not sure your method is actually more affordable in the long run, (but probably better for the environment)

Also I guess I just like the ego aesthetic

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    ITaste MVP Simple, Charge with Cel Phone Micro USB Adaptor.

Battery will last 2 days.

If you aren't in a hurry you can pick up from Fasttech.com in China for $45.00
    If you want to order local they run around $55.00 to $65.00

No Battery Choice,
    No Charger Choice
    Comes with two Clearomizers

Ego Threaded also so it will accept your ecab atomizers as well as all 510 atomizers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread