Best single battery squonk mod <$100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
If I could only have ONE single-battery squonker, I'd look for a nice used Reo Grand.

REO's are great mods and have a collection of them....love them all. Lately though, I've been using regulated mods and enjoying them too. Regulated mods offer me more versatility with atties and coils. REO's though are built to outlast me and probably my vaping interest.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Oh man gpjoe, seriously? Why?

Because they are indestructible, and work very well as an alternative to smoking - which is the main reason I vape. I use two Reo Grands every day with Origen Little 16 clones and a P67 with a Hadaly, and they NEVER fail me. I get great flavor and enough vapor to satisfy my nic cravings without having to fog up the room.

Just for perspective, I have also owned T-Mods, Pulse mods (regulated and not), Coppervape mods (brass and aluminum), VT Inbox, Aspire Feedlink, Boxer (clone), Hugo Squeezer, Pico Squeeze, most of which cost less than 100 bucks, but for simplicity and reliability I prefer the Reos.

I'm no Tootle Puffer, and I still like to occasionally make clouds with my tube mechs or regulated boxes and drippers, but my MAIN goal is harm reduction. I can accomplish that nicely with a Reo, and a small selection of spare parts and a few spare bottles.

So, yeah, if I had to get rid of all of my squonkers but one - I would keep a Reo. The hard part would be choosing between a Grand and a P67.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Nope, I never heard of them until this thread. But there are plenty of mods both mechs and regulated that will probably out last both you and me.
I didn't think so. Generally, the people who trash reos have never held or used one. Same with ProVari. Anyway, carry on....

• Agree
Reactions: gpjoe

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I didn't think so. Generally, the people who trash reos have never held or used one. Same with ProVari. Anyway, carry on....
Who is trashing Reos? I am just saying that it isn't special that a mod lasting the test of time. Why are you putting words in my mouth and trashing me? And if you think only Reos and ProVaris are the only ones that last, I am calling bull!

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Nope, I never heard of them until this thread. But there are plenty of mods both mechs and regulated that will probably out last both you and me.

True but a Reo is the grandfather of squonking, lol. I'm not into them, just not my thing (styling wise) but I get why people love them. They are works of art, that are not only functional but reliable. The only thing I can think of as long lasting is a Provari.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Who is trashing Reos? I am just saying that it isn't special that a mod lasting the test of time. Why are you putting words in my mouth and trashing me?
Trashing you? You're a sensitive little fella, aren't you? Sure didn't mean to offend you.

Reactions: Zaryk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
You claimed that I was trashing Reo mods! Here look...
Yes, I did claim that. The "oh man, Joe,. Seriously? Why? " comment is what I was referring to. 'Trash' might not have been the best word to use ... but you were certainly talking down a product you clearly haven't a clue about. That's usually the type of people that say reo is outdated or whatever. Still don't see how that's trashing you....but if that's how you see it, I apologize.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes, I did claim that. The "oh man, Joe,. Seriously? Why? " comment is what I was referring to. 'Trash' might not have been the best word to use ... but you were certainly talking down a product you clearly haven't a clue about. That's usually the type of people that say reo is outdated or whatever. Still don't see how that's trashing you....but if that's how you see it, I apologize.
No, I wasn't trashing the Reo, I was trashing the Vamo and saying it is outdated, get your story right.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If I could only have ONE single-battery squonker, I'd look for a nice used Reo Grand.

True but a Reo is the grandfather of squonking, lol. I'm not into them, just not my thing (styling wise) but I get why people love them. They are works of art, that are not only functional but reliable. The only thing I can think of as long lasting is a Provari.

Reos....
When I decided to finally try squonking I turned to a mod I had known about for well over a year but had had zero interest in. Having only been using mech tube mods from the start I had a "why would anyone want to vape a box?" mentality. :facepalm: I bought my first Reo in Aug 2014, a used one off the classifieds because I didn't expect it to go well for my uses. The same day I received it (and first vaped it) I ordered 2 more new ones. Within a month I had 9 of them and in less than a year had 30+. I stopped buying them when #35 was acquired. I acquired several very special/rare and collectible ones though that were more just to have than to use. The Reos retired all of my previous gear immediately (my early mech tube mods from several MFG's, a bunch of ProVari's, a bunch of VapourArt GP PAPS tube mods/toppers, other odd balls, etc)... the Reos became the only gear I vaped. When the P67's came out in very early 2016, they and 4 Reo 2015 Woodvil's did all of my vaping duty. Soon after when the Reomeister retired I dove into and bought a bunch of TC mods and endless toppers for them to support a new to me forum oversea's I joined when he closed the Reo forum here. I had stopped using the Woodvils but the five P67's remained my preferred gear. Then starting late last year I stopped using most of the TC mods and my Reo P67's completely (but I did bring one of the P67's out recently to test drive a new mesh RDA on a mech). I've changed over to dual battery mech squonk and regulated squonk mods mostly for all my vaping now days.
The Reos and their endless toppers will probably never get used again (same as all the gear that came before them and most of the TC gear that came after). But in their day the Reos got it done very well for me... better than any gear before them had, and better than some of the gear that came after them did. Robert didn't come up with squonking (Carlos is credited for that), but his highly improved Reos and customer service did put them on the map as the first commercially successful squonk gear that set the standards and paved the way for all who have made them since. I am not a Reonaut anymore, but I will be a squonker as long as I vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread