Best set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Galbraith

Jun 22, 2016
That depends on how you like to vape, plus size, weight shape of mod, rebuild coils or buy ready made, etc etc :)
Hi there things like shape, weight, rebuild coils etc etc are down to individual opinion I'm just wondering what peoples personal choice would be if money was not a factor for their own dream set up.

Reactions: bnrkwest

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
That is a question with no real answer. It is like asking "which is better, a crotchrocket or an 18 wheeler?" In that instance, if you want to go fast and be nimble, the crotchrocket hands down. If you want to move huge amounts of stuff, the truck is better.

Same applies with vaping. If you are a direct lung hitter, a tank made for higher ohms, low power, low airflow, and mouth to lung wont work. If you want mouth to lung, a high wattage tank with obscene airflow wont work. All comes down to the right tool for the job.

For me, an rx200 with either a tfv4 or griffin 25 on top.

Paul Galbraith

Jun 22, 2016
That is a question with no real answer. It is like asking "which is better, a crotchrocket or an 18 wheeler?" In that instance, if you want to go fast and be nimble, the crotchrocket hands down. If you want to move huge amounts of stuff, the truck is better.

Same applies with vaping. If you are a direct lung hitter, a tank made for higher ohms, low power, low airflow, and mouth to lung wont work. If you want mouth to lung, a high wattage tank with obscene airflow wont work. All comes down to the right tool for the job.

For me, an rx200 with either a tfv4 or griffin 25 on top.
I know what your saying, that's why I said " in your opinion", leaving it open to individual preference. Thanks for your reply, I like the rx 200 and iv just ordered a griffin myself.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Yeah - it's a lot like asking "what's the best car" or "what's the best computer" - it's a question with no meaningful answer unless a lot more is known about one's vaping style and preferences.

The award for 'state-of-the-art' in mods for those with more money than I might well go to the likes of the German DiCodes company who make some lovely mods which work brilliantly and look amazing and are really durable.

As for toppers - just because you've paid $200 for an 'original' doesn't mean it'll be much (if at all) better than a $15 Chinese clone that comes out of it a few weeks later. In fact, often the clone manufacturers put out a *better* product than the original on which it was based by improving features and by listening to their buyers.

In short - see what you like, and then we'll be able to advise you better on how to scorch a hole in your pocket to get the best gear that suits you. :)

Reactions: Eskie

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A couple of years ago, I would have said my Provari and a Kayfun Lite+, but my vaping preference has changed from a mouth-to-lung to a direct-lung hit. The KFL+ is too tight of a draw for me now.

That's really the only rebuildable tank atomizer that I own.

My current two daily setups are a Uwell Crown subohm clearomizer tank or Velocity clone RDA, on either an AltSmoke Silver Bullet mechanical mod or RX200 regulated mod. I mix and match.

I recently received a Reo bottom-feeder mechanical mod, and have a Reomizer 10 BF RDA in the mail, so here's hoping I have a third option to the above.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Blasphemy! What is this - 2012 or something!?

It's now 'Current Year', man! ;)

Yeh, well I wouldn't buy all of that myself.
I might consider a Radius and posh RDA if I won a scratch card.
In general, a <75w mod and £10 dripper does me well enough when I'm not 'boring' vaping at work.
I even like the Magma... that might be 2013! :eek:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
A couple of years ago, I would have said my Provari and a Kayfun Lite+, but my vaping preference has changed from a mouth-to-lung to a direct-lung hit. The KFL+ is too tight of a draw for me now.

That's really the only rebuildable tank atomizer that I own.

My current two daily setups are a Uwell Crown subohm clearomizer tank or Velocity clone RDA, on either an AltSmoke Silver Bullet mechanical mod or RX200 regulated mod. I mix and match.

I recently received a Reo bottom-feeder mechanical mod, and have a Reomizer 10 BF RDA in the mail, so here's hoping I have a third option to the above.

You'll find the Reo will compliment your vaping style, especially on the road, direct dripping without the need to drip, just squeeze and go.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
This is hard for me to answer because I either don't have a best, or I have several. It all depends on what time of day and/or what I am doing and what I desire at the moment. My mods (5) and tanks/RTA's/RBA (15) are all loaded, charged, filled, and ready within reach for when the urge hits. But.......

Not big into temp control (yet, anyway), but am enjoying the TFV4 mini with Ti coil filled with some Cuttwod Boss Reserve on my Lavabox DNA200.

Too many to mention when using power mode, but if I am heading out for a day or two, it's hard to beat the Sigelei 213 (in spite of TC problems some are experiencing) with the Herakles RTA and TFV RTA. Of course, another mod and some tanks go along "just in case."

Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to take it all when my first multi-day trip comes up in August. Oh, snap! Talk about bad timing!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Hi there things like shape, weight, rebuild coils etc etc are down to individual opinion I'm just wondering what peoples personal choice would be if money was not a factor for their own dream set up.
I would like a Procyon and some fancy tank on it, but just not springing for that right now unless they have one heck of a sale on it LOL!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
OK, since your not asking for a recommendation just an opinion, I'll voice mine.

Best Mod, bar none:

Evod 650 mah VV. YUP. It's variable, so in my book, it's a Mod. But for the elitists I'll add the next best thing... Kangside Kmax VV/VW W/700 mah 18350. Set to 3.5 volts it does a darned fine job of mimicking King Evod.

Best RTA:

Kanger ProTank II. Not an RTA? That's odd, of the dozen or so I've got I keep 4 in active rotation. Rewick every 2 weeks (after appx 7-8ml of juice per tank) and rebuild when necessary.

Last edited:

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
OK, since your not asking for a recommendation just an opinion, I'll voice mine.

Best Mod, bar none:

Evod 650 mah VV. YUP. It's variable, so in my book, it's a Mod. But for the elitists I'll add the next best thing... Kangside Kmax VV/VW W/700 mah 18350. Set to 3.5 volts it does a darned fine job of mimicking the Evod.

Best RTA:

Kanger ProTank II. Not an RTA? That's odd, of the dozen or so I've got I keep 4 in active rotation. Rewick every 2 weeks (after appx 7-8ml of juice per tank) and rebuild when necessary.
Wow - 2013 phoned and said they want their stuff back... ;)

Have you seen the Protank 4? If so what do you think of it? Personally I think the dual-coil RBA looks interesting, and it's compatible with all the other Subtank/Toptank coils and accessories.

4784900-9.jpg

4784900-3.jpg

4784900-6.jpg

I think that Kangertech made a tactical error by completely pandering to the 'clowdy skumbagz' side of the market when 'SubOhm' tanks and mods exploded everywhere - I think that Kanger should have released something like the PT4 a lot earlier for what was their core market - MTL vapers like yourself.

IMO, the PT3 was something of a backwards move as all it seemed to introduce was those (IMO) horrible dual-coil head which were incompatible (without modding) with the previous single-coil heads. They were/are a pain to rebuild as well.

I still rock an Aerotank II and PT2 both with Aerobase v2s for when I fancy a stealthy, low-key vape that doesn't drink juice and batteries.

What do you think of the Subtank/Toptank range? Too airy for your tastes, I'm guessing? I like the Sub/toptank RBA though - it's really nice to build on and get good results with.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Wow - 2013 phoned and said they want their stuff back... ;)
Funny thing is, I just started vaping a year ago and had to go back in time to find the good stuff.

Have you seen the Protank 4? If so what do you think of it? Personally I think the dual-coil RBA looks interesting, and it's compatible with all the other Subtank/Toptank coils and accessories.

4784900-9.jpg

4784900-3.jpg

4784900-6.jpg

Nuthin to think about. I've got mine.

I think that Kangertech made a tactical error by completely pandering to the 'clowdy skumbagz' side of the market when 'SubOhm' tanks and mods exploded everywhere - I think that Kanger should have released something like the PT4 a lot earlier for what was their core market - MTL vapers like yourself.

IMO, the PT3 was something of a backwards move as all it seemed to introduce was those (IMO) horrible dual-coil head which were incompatible (without modding) with the previous single-coil heads. They were/are a pain to rebuild as well.

Never experienced either. No need, already got the best.

I still rock an Aerotank II and PT2 both with Aerobase v2s for when I fancy a stealthy, low-key vape that doesn't drink juice and batteries.

Pretty sure I've got an Aerotech somewhere. Just haven't gotten curious about it.

What do you think of the Subtank/Toptank Too airy for your tastes, I'm guessing? I like the Sub/toptank RBA though - it's really nice to build on and get good results with.

The Whotank range?;)

Last edited:

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
I see you have an allergy to anything 'Sub', but the PT4 seems to be Kanger getting back to the kind of vape that made the PT line famous in the first place and offers better MTL performance.

Also the 'Toptank' also offers topfill capability which is important to a lot of people.

I can see that you're wedded to what you know, but have you ever tried any of the newer, well-regarded MTL single-coil tanks like the Kayfun v3+?

EDIT: The Aerotank is just a Protank 2 with adjustable airflow base and a handsome squared-off top section.

Did you ever try the PT3, and if so, what did you think of it?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I see you have an allergy to anything 'Sub', but the PT4 seems to be Kanger getting back to the kind of vape that made the PT line famous in the first place and offers better MTL performance.
NO. I simply have an allergy to replacing things that serve the purpose that I acquired them for. Nuff said. Not gonna hijack this person thread over a discussion that's been pointlessly hashed and rehashed repeatedly everywhere in the forums.

Also the 'Toptank' also offers topfill capability which is important to a lot of people.

I can see that you're wedded to what you know, but have you ever tried any of the newer, well-regarded MTL single-coil tanks like the Kayfun v3+?

EDIT: The Aerotank is just a Protank 2 with adjustable airflow base and a handsome squared-off top section.

Did you ever try the PT3, and if so, what did you think of it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread