Best Refillable Pod Alternative to Juul Vuse Leap etc

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Let me give you a background. I used to be hardcore dripping, subohm, making my own coils etc..
Stopped vaping for a few years and got back into it but this time I'm looking for simplicity. Also
looking not to vape all the time but instead a few vapes of a 50ish Salt Nick like the disposable pods Vuse or Juul.
Preference is a 12Watt Vape 50mg Nic Salt

I wanted to not DIY my own liquid but unfortunately I have PG allergy and it's just too expensive to buy the storebought stuff.This time though I'm buying prediluted liquids and avoiding the hazards of the 100mg (10% Base)

So I'm interested in what vape systems out there have the following criteria
1. Simple to use
2. Sleek form factor
3. I repeat simple to use.
4. No complicated menu systems
5. Draw Activated
6. Subdued look, no Box Mods, round mods etc

So far I bought two
1. The joyetech WideWick Air which absolutely fills this criteria. No buttons, Just change out the Pod Coil is built in.
No choices aside from liquid. It is the closest criteria to a Juul Type System but with the refillable option .
I wrote a review on it. Click Here
2. Geekvape AP2 which almost fits the criteria. The drawback with the AP2 is that you
change the Coils. It doesn't come with the Coil fixed inside the pod. So in a sense it's a tank system.
On the other hand changing the coil is brain dead. Also the AP2 has a rubber plug and the fill is on the side.
I've found the rubber plug to be messier and more complicated than the Widewick which has a top fill rubber seal type of fill.
The 4.5ml fill is handy

What other devices do you consider to be a alternative to the disposable pod systems.

Whiplash

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Idaho
Let me give you a background. I used to be hardcore dripping, subohm, making my own coils etc..
Stopped vaping for a few years and got back into it but this time I'm looking for simplicity. Also
looking not to vape all the time but instead a few vapes of a 50ish Salt Nick like the disposable pods Vuse or Juul.
Preference is a 12Watt Vape 50mg Nic Salt

I wanted to not DIY my own liquid but unfortunately I have PG allergy and it's just too expensive to buy the storebought stuff.This time though I'm buying prediluted liquids and avoiding the hazards of the 100mg (10% Base)

So I'm interested in what vape systems out there have the following criteria
1. Simple to use
2. Sleek form factor
3. I repeat simple to use.
4. No complicated menu systems
5. Draw Activated
6. Subdued look, no Box Mods, round mods etc

So far I bought two
1. The Joyetech WideWick Air which absolutely fills this criteria. No buttons, Just change out the Pod Coil is built in.
No choices aside from liquid. It is the closest criteria to a Juul Type System but with the refillable option .
I wrote a review on it. Click Here
2. Geekvape AP2 which almost fits the criteria. The drawback with the AP2 is that you
change the Coils. It doesn't come with the Coil fixed inside the pod. So in a sense it's a tank system.
On the other hand changing the coil is brain dead. Also the AP2 has a rubber plug and the fill is on the side.
I've found the rubber plug to be messier and more complicated than the Widewick which has a top fill rubber seal type of fill.
The 4.5ml fill is handy

What other devices do you consider to be a alternative to the disposable pod systems.
The Innokin ArcFire would be one to consider. I've been testing it for a while and am happy for the most part (It is about the eighth pod system I've tried). The flavor of some of my DIY juice seems off but that could be me.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I am loving my Aspire Flexus Stik device. It's simple to use, but also gives you plenty of options. I too went crazy with various mods, building my own coils and making my own juice etc. Good times, but I honestly got sick of it. Too much work. I wanted a small device with replaceable coils and adjustable airflow. This is it. Love it.

- Decent flavor
    - Airflow adjustment
    - Refillable
    - Replaceable coils (and they last a long time)
    - Auto draw
    - Manual fire button as well
    - 1200mah battery (sounds tiny these days, but it last a long time)
    - 3 different power levels
    - LED tells you it's remaining power level when vaping
    - Comes in various colors
    - Sleek and not bulky at all
    - Extra tanks can be purchased

For me it lasts 2 days before I have to recharge, and I chain vape all the time :)

Last edited:

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2011
    Rhode Island
    Juul got me off a 45+ year cigarette habit, but boy is it expensive compared to a refillable pod.
    Anyway, after five years with Juul, I tried a few and landed on Caliburn A3S as the best one for me. I've been using Black Note Special Blend Salt Nic at 20mg NIC and it's been a perfect combination for me. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread