Best Place to buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
Ok..I'm so irritated my PT is DEAD....Ive had it for maybe a little over 2 weeks...its a Joye510 PT..the kind with the battery in the cord...

Where do i find the best priced 510 PT without the stinkin battery...I did find madvapes and litecigusa I think I am looking at the 5v one that has no battery....

I read the thread about using a Kr8 PT with an adapter to 510...I don't know..I just want to keep it simple for now....I am kinda new at all this

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Ok..I saw that ...does it have that annoying battery in the cord? I may be being thick but I couldnt tell exactly from the description.

ANY passthrough will have the cord. :)

Do you have regular batteries too?

Ive heard a lot of GREAT things about cignot, you could always give them a try...

Hope it helps! :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Domino....I actually ordered this PT from Cignots..

I know all PT's will have a cord...I want one with out the BATTERY in the cord
the PT I have from Cignots has a battery in the cord its a 1cr10440p

:)

HEY!! DON'T MAKE ME FLY DOWN THERE AND GIVE THAT EDIBLE LITTLE BOY A BIG SMOOCHIE LADY!! (He's SO cute! I've a co-worker that has a little guy JUST like him! I had to show him off to the hubby and he said the same!)

Oh. :oops:

I've heard about the ones without the batt too, but I'll be damned if I can remember WHO was selling them...:oops: Have you tried the 'search ECF' tool?

OIIIIIO

May 4, 2010
Maryland
electronicstix has the batteryless 5v ones. I got one last week and seems to work just fine. Actually, the voltage increase is better but I'm not sure what its effect is on my attys.

Some say that they like the ones with the battery, but I don't get it. Usually rechargable batteries don't like to be constantly recharged right? Essentially, that's what it is doing. It's being recharged after each vape. Correct me if I'm wrong.

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
THANKS DOMINO!!! My boy IS a real monster!! LOL...We are going through that 2 year old phase!....He's talking up a storm..drives me nuts sometimes "mama-mama-MAMA!!!" LOL....He's absolutely wonderful!!! LOL

Oh..and I just ordered that Sit and Go PT from Madvapes...I guess I'll give it a try....also I ordered another 510 kit from Cignots ( the One kit I have are just not enough) AND I was also able to order a PT-replacement battery from them as well...maybe that'll fix the one have already?

If the sit and go poops out in 2 weeks I will probably have a screaming -Crying Rage fit...LOL...yeah..I have a horrible temper..LOL

Last edited:

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Hi Jessie,
I also ordered all my stuff from cignot, including my PT. It lasted only about 4-5 days. I e'd the girls back. Vicky told me to wiggle the batt around to make sure it's got a good connection. When all ideas failed, she sent me out a new one right away, because she said hers lasted about 5 months. Anyway, she included a return env. to send the DOA one back in. If the new batt you have coming doesn't work, E them back right away, don't lag on it, and they might replace it.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
With my inline its usually the stupid battery - I hate the 3.7 design but I like the voltage - I have the madvapes 5v one a well btw which gives a hotter vape but not all my juices like that much power, which is why I keep the inline battery ones around too. The battery IS annoying though I agree. I keep some spare batteries handy and that's usually what it ends up being - though I swear they use the same wires they put in those tiny ipod headphones that break 5 minutes after you buy them. I never blame the vendor when this stuff fails, (I'm sure most people feel the same way) I mean its cheap crap from China for not much cash, Im not expecting a lot lol.

Edit: If you get a 5v PT as well, be really careful to keep the contacts (between atty and PT part) really dry - I use a cotton bud and just swirl it around in the PT part at each atty change and sometimes more often. The slightest bit of mositure down there seems to make it stop working. It fires up again as soon as its dry though; but keep it dry or you will amaze your family with new and inventive cuss words ;)

Last edited:

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
LOL...Thanks for the tip CaptJ!! LOL...Yeah...My 2 yr old is really a copycat these days...I have made good use of the word " shuckydarns" because of my temper..LOL

And of course you cant blame the vendor...I think I will just keep a couple different kinds of PT's and lots of extras ( batts, atty's, chargers) around so I dont get stuck again...My orders are on their way and I hope they get here Monday (it's my B-day-I know they probably won't though) The only atty I have left is seriously going dead quick..:(..(sigh) and I am totally out of my favorite cappuccino liquid ...Boy -do I sound like a whiner! LOL

Seabrook- Thanks for the info-hopefully everything will be Ok with the new battery. I did order another PT just in case and I will be ordering that 5v without the inline battery...wonder how long those live?

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
THANKS DOMINO!!! My boy IS a real monster!! LOL...We are going through that 2 year old phase!....He's talking up a storm..drives me nuts sometimes "mama-mama-MAMA!!!" LOL....He's absolutely wonderful!!! LOL

Oh..and I just ordered that Sit and Go PT from Madvapes...I guess I'll give it a try....also I ordered another 510 kit from Cignots ( the One kit I have are just not enough) AND I was also able to order a PT-replacement battery from them as well...maybe that'll fix the one have already?

If the sit and go poops out in 2 weeks I will probably have a screaming -Crying Rage fit...LOL...yeah..I have a horrible temper..LOL

Ha! Me too! I'm a rather deadly combination, a Scorpio from Glasgow! I have small, but significant nuclear blasts every few months or so, but I'm one of those that just blow my top, then it's over.

Y'know, the OTHER thing you could do, would be TREAT yourself to an Ego! I LOVE mine, 6-7 hours battery life and you could still use all your 510 atties and carts! :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
LOL...Thanks for the tip CaptJ!! LOL...Yeah...My 2 yr old is really a copycat these days...I have made good use of the word " shuckydarns" because of my temper..LOL

And of course you cant blame the vendor...I think I will just keep a couple different kinds of PT's and lots of extras ( batts, atty's, chargers) around so I dont get stuck again...My orders are on their way and I hope they get here Monday (it's my B-day-I know they probably won't though) The only atty I have left is seriously going dead quick..:(..(sigh) and I am totally out of my favorite cappuccino liquid ...Boy -do I sound like a whiner! LOL

Seabrook- Thanks for the info-hopefully everything will be Ok with the new battery. I did order another PT just in case and I will be ordering that 5v without the inline battery...wonder how long those live?

Bloody shuckydarn whiners...;) :lol:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Joye only makes the ones with the batteries. I bought my replacement from Rocky Mountain Vapor -- he stopped carrying the Joye brand because of quality control issues and started carrying the battery-less BE510 version. Mine worked great. I assume it still does but I stopped using it when I got my Chuck.

There are also some suppliers who carry heavy-duty pass-throughs. They have thick cords and give you true 5v vaping. I forget which vendors have it because I'm not very interested in 5v, but they're supposed to be good. (ETA: As CaptJay says above, Mad Vapes carries it.)

The advantage to the battery-in-the-cord models is that it's less stress on your computer. The computer charges the battery and the battery runs the Chuck. With the no-battery versions, you're vaping right off the computer. There have been a few reports (very few, but...) of blown USB ports. If you're worried about that, get an AC to USB adapter (with an output of at least 1V) and you can vape off any outlet.

Last edited:

jessiesuniverse

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Kealia, HI
Joye only makes the ones with the batteries. I bought my replacement from Rocky Mountain Vapor -- he stopped carrying the Joye brand because of quality control issues and started carrying the battery-less BE510 version. Mine worked great. I assume it still does but I stopped using it when I got my Chuck.

There are also some suppliers who carry heavy-duty pass-throughs. They have thick cords and give you true 5v vaping. I forget which vendors have it because I'm not very interested in 5v, but they're supposed to be good. (ETA: As CaptJay says above, Mad Vapes carries it.)

The advantage to the battery-in-the-cord models is that it's less stress on your computer. The computer charges the battery and the battery runs the Chuck. With the no-battery versions, you're vaping right off the computer. There have been a few reports (very few, but...) of blown USB ports. If you're worried about that, get an AC to USB adapter (with an output of at least 1V) and you can vape off any outlet.

Thank you for that explaination I hadnt thought of it !!! The Ac adapter thingy is on my next order list! LOL

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York

A quick correction…

That is a AC USB adapter that outputs 5V and 1A (sometimes also written as 1000ma).

There is a non-zero chance if you plug the batteryless PT into your computer that you will kill the USB ports or even the motherboard. You can go to any Kmart, Walmart, Target, Sears or Best Buy and get an adapter that will run the PT for 25 bucks or less. They usually say for iPad, iPhone or Ipod Touch. With some effort you can find ones for 10 bucks or even less. For so little why chance killing your computer?

About the Sit & Go PT. Its a regular 510 manual battery with a mini-USB connector on the end where there's normally that plastic cap that's supposed to look like cigarette as. You can charge the battery safely from a computer USB port and vape at the same time. So it behaves like the Joye PT in that it has a battery but unlike the Joye its a regular 510 battery. So you can disconnect the cable from the battery end and vape cordless also. And then plug it back in and vape corded if you've discharged the battery. I like the idea and plan to get one on payday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread