Best methods for sampling new fluids to avoid wasting cartos/atys

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
So I have probably 20 new fluids that I am slowly trying out. Obviously, I will not like all of them...in fact, it seems that I only find one I like for every 4-5 that I sample. So using a new carto for each, even at $2 a bang, seems unreasonable given then I have new cartos with fluid I dont like and so the carto isn't really serving me any good. So I've read up on ways people here sample new fluids...the most cost efficient ones I have read are:

1) save your old cartos and boil them to allow them for a second use and use these 'refurbished' ones to sample new fluid given you arent killing a brand new carto now
2) use a direct drip atty to try the flavors, and rinse/blow the atty between each

Any thoughts on these methods? Do you think this is the best way to do it? Any other ideas?

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
The method I use is very similar to method 2. I still have the lefover cones / tanks / atomizers from my old Ego-C. If I just want a quick idea of how a juice tastes, I'll drip it directly into the cone onto the Ego-C atomizer (attached to my Provari). If I want "the full treatment", I'll fill one of the Ego-C mini-tanks like 1/2 way and vape it a little more continuously.

In both cases when I'm ready for another flavor, I just empty / clean / dryburn etc to get rid of the last flavor.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
LOL I was down to my last ml of Boba's Bounty. I'm like "Hrm...Not enough really to prime a carto... definitely not enough to use in a DCT.".

So I managed to wring out of the bottle just enough to fill an Ego-C tank about 7/8 of the way full. Now I'm cherishing each hit as if it were my last, giving at least 5 mins between vapes to allow for full wicking.

:laugh:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Even if you blow out the Atty your wick is still going to have the old flavor on it, which will take away from the next flavored juice you try. I would give the Atty a quick rinse with hot water blow out then put it in a shot glass filled with some PGA or vodka and just drip it in out in out to let it just run through a few times, then one more quick hot water rinse. shake it out blow it out, then hit it on low with the hair dryer a bit, Prime with new liquid and vape it, my method anyways. I keep an LR-901 & LR-510 Atty just for this.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Depends if you want speed or perfection. Usually for me just a dry burn with a few non-inhaled puffs, and turning it over once in a while to spill out any juice loosened up by the heat has it tasting like absolutely nothing in no time. If I start tasting burnt coil or wick (why I don't inhale it) I know I've gone farther than I needed to. LOL

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
You don't dry burn that long for any one time period.

Some suggest 5 seconds on 5 seconds off. Others I've seen go with 5 on, 15 off. Some say do it til no more smoke comes out at all (yes smoke, from burning off carmelized gunk). Others say until you can see the coil itself glow orange.

Me, I kind of do an "all of the above" mostly by gut feel depending on what I see / hear / smell going on. To help speed things along, I added the turning over once in a while to spill out any juice because sometimes the process will free up a little bit of juice that was otherwise trapped in the cup. At least that's what I've seen with the Ego-C atomizers.

Before doing this, I used to just soak them in alcohol and blow them out. Since I've been doing the burns I seem to get much better operation out of my Ego-C atomizers. As I've stated elsewhere,I sometimes even use them on my Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread