Best dripper cotton ball wick build

Status
Not open for further replies.

captknots

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2014
philadelphia pa
Hey i got an igo-f(my first dripper) from fasttech about a month ago and i love it, but the way i wick it seems to burn very easily and waste a lot of liquid, im working with 28g kanthol and cotton balls, build anywhere from 0.75-2.24 ohm builds and twisting strands together single strand, letting the cotton be and just wicking with it and any combination of the two on various builds and just cant seem to get the juice out of the far end at all

Any ideas or just ways of building a wick with a cotton ball that works especially well?

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Tapatalk

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Hey i got an igo-f(my first dripper) from fasttech about a month ago and i love it, but the way i wick it seems to burn very easily and waste a lot of liquid, im working with 28g kanthol and cotton balls, build anywhere from 0.75-2.24 ohm builds and twisting strands together single strand, letting the cotton be and just wicking with it and any combination of the two on various builds and just cant seem to get the juice out of the far end at all

Any ideas or just ways of building a wick with a cotton ball that works especially well?

I have the same problem and can't seem to get a dripper to be enjoyable. Can someone post like a 4 pic series to make the wick. I have watched the videos and must be missing something.

Live Long and Vape!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Are you using it as a dripper or as a tank?

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME

It's all trial and error. I have found that when using too much cotton half will be saturated and the half near and through the coil is dry.

Currently this is what I have in a Trident V2 and a Smok Caterpillar:
wickeddrippers.jpg

I take a wisp of cotton roll an end to thread through the coil, pull through the coil so it's filled but not tight, clip the cotton so there's maybe an inch or so sticking out of the coil and tuck that under making a nice little bed of cotton.

Using less cotton I have to drip more often but the whole wick runs dry versus half dry and half wet. You'll just have to try different amounts until you find what works best for you as there are so many factors between what the build is, the dripper it's in and the juice.

Wow that guy uses a lot of cotton!! It's like he's vaping on tampons!! Seems to work for him though.

Last edited:

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
I unroll the cotton ball so it's one long piece, then cut very thin strips with scissors. Using scissors when making wicks makes it possible to accurately make the exact same size wick over and over. You can also precut wicks for the road. Just make sure you pay attention to the way the grain of the cotton is going or it'll fall apart after you cut it. If you need pics I'll post some, but once you unroll the cotton it's kinda self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread