Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
If you're curious about the aspires, the Nautilus looks great on a provari with a beauty ring (it's a 21 mm diameter) and is their flagship tank (dual BCC with airflow control).

Kanger's equivalent is the Aerotank, which (IMHO) is comparable in performance. No beauty ring necessary as it's the same diameter as the protank.

Carto tanks are not the hassle you might think they are. It takes a little longer to set up (you have to prime the carto), but after that, they are on par with clearos for maintenance, convenience, and portability. Many people swear they are the best flavour outside of rebuildable platforms. If you were interested in that route, IBTanked would be the way to go - simply order a complete tank (tank, caps, cartos, refilling tool, drip tip) using their handy online form. Note that you have many choices, including height and diameter of tank.

Complete Tanks

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My 1st year anniversary is here and I ordered a Provari to celebrate !!!
Now I am a clearomizer user....so what kinds work well with the Provari ?
I like the new Aspires......and have some Kanger products also.
Was going to order a tank of some kind, but not sure if I want to fiddle with cartos.

What do you mean fiddle with cartos? You mean for priming? I'm no expert on cartos, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong, if you fill your cartotank and leave it to sit for a while, that ought to prime it? Right?

Keep two tanks, when one carto needs changing, swap it out, leave to soak and use the other tank.

The fiddling comes with the clearos trying to recycle atomizer heads.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
What do you mean fiddle with cartos? You mean for priming? I'm no expert on cartos, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong, if you fill your cartotank and leave it to sit for a while, that ought to prime it? Right?

Keep two tanks, when one carto needs changing, swap it out, leave to soak and use the other tank.

The fiddling comes with the clearos trying to recycle atomizer heads.

No, you have to prime the carto before you put it in the tank! OR, you could use the method on the IB Tanked website, which is to prime it using the thingy. But it will not just prime by itself by sitting in the tank! Once properly primed (which takes 5 mins and is easy) you're good to go for a long time, depending on your juice.

Based on my experience, if you get an Iclear 30b you'll have to get an airflow adaptor for the Provari or the lack of airflow will make it leak and gurgle like a sieve. I don't bother using mine on the Provari anymore - not worth the hassle! So I just use cartotanks, and everything is easy:p

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I used to think carto tanks were fiddly, but after the ProTank 2- which has a bit of a learning curve and having to buy Tatroe caps for proper airflow and after getting tanks by IBTanked, IBTanks are far, far easier to set up. All one needs to do is lube the carto, pop the carto tool in the end, slide it in the tank a bit, fill the tank, pull out the tool, put the tank in the Thingy, open and close the Thingy top a few times to prime- bubbles means it is priming, then vape away. Good for 3-4 days of refilling without any work.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Joie, I'm still using Kanger T2's with the Provari 510 connecter/adaptor and am very happy.

Has anyone who has been impressed with the T2 found another even better? The tanks last for months and months and the atty is so cheap and easy to replace. I use 100% VG - BUT - my favorite juices (Heathers Heavenly Vapes) run very very clean.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Funnily enough I understand your description much better than those technical ones lol

I used to think carto tanks were fiddly, but after the ProTank 2- which has a bit of a learning curve and having to buy Tatroe caps for proper airflow and after getting tanks by IBTanked, IBTanks are far, far easier to set up. All one needs to do is lube the carto, pop the carto tool in the end, slide it in the t
ank a bit, fill the tank, pull out the tool, put the tank in the Thingy, open and close the Thingy top a few times to prime- bubbles means it is priming, then vape away. Good for 3-4 days of refilling without any work.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
I used to think carto tanks were fiddly, but after the ProTank 2- which has a bit of a learning curve and having to buy Tatroe caps for proper airflow and after getting tanks by IBTanked, IBTanks are far, far easier to set up. All one needs to do is lube the carto, pop the carto tool in the end, slide it in the tank a bit, fill the tank, pull out the tool, put the tank in the Thingy, open and close the Thingy top a few times to prime- bubbles means it is priming, then vape away. Good for 3-4 days of refilling without any work.

I do understand MOST of your post but.....Put the tank in the THINGY???? Open and close what top??? Good Lord is there a video for this ???:ohmy:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
LOL
the "Thingy" is the little container your IBTanked will come in. Looks like the little plastic things camera film used to come in?
Anyway, there's a brochure on how to "Fiddle with your Thingy" - and a thread here titled "Do you fiddle with your Thingy?".
You put the carto in the tank, fill the tank.
Put the tank in the Thingy it came in. Screw the Thingy cap on and off.
It forces juice from the tank into the carto using air pressure from the cap going on - and primes the carto for you!
You can see air bubbles coming out the carto's holes...

Fast and easy.
Just don't fiddle with your Thingy TOO much, or you'll make a mess.
:D:laugh::D:laugh::D:laugh::D:laugh:

I do understand MOST of your post but.....Put the tank in the THINGY???? Open and close what top??? Good Lord is there a video for this ???:ohmy:

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I second the iClear30s.
Great flavor and nice vapor.
I have three of them on rotation between my 2 provari's.

I actually like my IClear 30S too and I have a place here that sells them cheap. It's my go-to place to get tanks. I get a discount. I'm not sure exactly WHY i get one but I'll take it. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread