best cartomizers for standard 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
I've been searching the forums for a day, and I'm still unclear on what will suit me best, so let me tell you what I'm looking for and maybe someone can help.

I'm looking for the best experience on standard 3.7v 510 batteries. Prefer soft cap.

I have tried two cartomizers: Boge and smok Tech 3.2 ohm cartos, both from MadVapes, both soft caps. The Boge is very airy. The smok Tech is better, but tends to clog easily. Neither provides much in the way of throat hit on a battery, but both are fine on a passthrough. The smok Tech are almost impossible to clean for some reason, but that's not a dealbreaker given how cheap they are.

So, to summarize, I'm looking for better TH without endangering my batteries with over-low resistance. I'd like decent draw but not that sucking-on-a-train-tunnel feeling. Ease of refilling is important to me, and ideally I'd like to be able to clean them a few times before discarding. In a perfect world, they'd be portable to my passthroughs as well, but this is not a requirement.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I believe what you are experiencing is the difference in voltage between your 3.7v battery and the 5v passthrough.
3.7v x 3.2 ohms = 4.3 watts
5v x 3.2 ohms = 7.8 watts

To duplicate your 5v passthrough experience using your 3.7v battery you need some 2.0 ohm cartomizers but these are not recommended for standard 510 batteries.
3.7v x 2.0 ohms = 7.8 watts

I personally don't care for cartomizers but like to be around 5.5 watts so I don't risk burning my juice and use 2.5 ohms.
3.7v x 2.5 ohms = 5.5 watts

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

ropetrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Athens, GA
Thanks, CritterBuddy! So what is the ohm rating on a standard 510 atomizer?

Ikenvape looks great, but everything is out of stock.

Anyone know where one might find a 2.5ish ohm carto? I'm just about sick of leaky carts, and believe me I've tried every piece of advice I can find to stop it. Maybe it's finally time to move up to a new PV, though I'm trying not to be one of those people because I'll get obsessive and go too far. In every other respect, 510s work fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread