Best build for TOBH Atty clone with 28G Kanthal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addamvaper

Jun 16, 2015
Greetings fellow vapers.

I have a TOBH Atty although i dont think its an original. I have 28 g Kanthal and am getting into twisted coils.

I am yet to find the ideal build for full flavor, dense milky clouds and airflow. I tried a twisted single coil with the 28 g, around nine wraps which worked out at 1.3ohm. But this didnt do it for me.

Should i stick with a single coil build (as i find it way easier than fitting dual coils in the tiny chamber) ?should i used twisted 28 g or not bother twisting it?

Is surface area (i.e a good amount of wraps) the key to flavourful vapor and big clouds or am i better off with dual coils? I am using organic Japanese cotton pads for wicking....

Is 1 ohm as good as .5 ohm in terms of flavor and clouds?

I just want my TOBH to work properly on my Sigalei 75w and so far no build i have done have been satisfactory.

Any suggestions and guidance much appreciated. Thanks!

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
Get yourself some 24 or 26 gauge kanthal, and use steam engine to help calculate to about 0.7 ohms. Do it in dual or single.

With whatever mod your using make sure your voltage is at at least 4.2 volts and that should make you a nice flavor build. Make sure you build your coil in the 2.5-3 mm range and wick it up.

Drip some juice on the coil(s) to break in the coil then add juice to fully prime the build. This should do it. When I build for flavor this is what I do on my derringer or hobo.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
If you want clouds, try building up some "married" quads. 4x7-8wrap around a 3mm bit coils, but with this method, you want the two coils on each side to be touching each other in the center and the heat dispersion starts from the middle of the two coils instead of at each coil individually. I made a couple (one side) out of 26g N80 just to show you an idea. The heat dispersion is from the center -> outwards like a single coil although they're duals.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Granted those are only dual coils, the concept is easy. You wrap (per side of atty) one coil clockwise and one coil counterclockwise. Lightly hand twist the coil leads going into the center post together and install. Same for the other side of the atty.

Reactions: G-weezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread