Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I've decided to get the sigeli 150 watt from vape royalty for $80 bucks. Can someone give me a link for batteries and a charger for it though. I don't wanna buy the wrong things and ruin it.

CHARGER

Get the best charger that you can reasonably afford. Statistically most battery incidents occur while charging. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore are the most recommended brands.

BATTERIES

Sigelei recommends 30A CDR batteries for their 150watt mod.

30A CDR is the highest amp battery available. Any battery labeled 35A, 38A, 40A, etc is labeled with the "pulse" not the continuous. From @Baditude's blog: Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised

Here are some options:
1. Orbtronic SX30 2100mah 30A
2. Sony VTC4 2100mah 30A (there are no new stock authentic VTC5's out there that I know of)
3. Xtar 2100mah 30A (re-wrapped Sony VTC4)

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics

CHARGER

Get the best charger that you can reasonably afford. Statistically most battery incidents occur while charging. Pila, Xtar, and Nitecore are the most recommended brands.

BATTERIES

Sigelei recommends 30A CDR batteries for their 150watt mod.

30A CDR is the highest amp battery available. Any battery labeled 35A, 38A, 40A, etc is labeled with the "pulse" not the continuous. From @Baditude's blog: Purple Efest Batteries not as Advertised

Here are some options:
1. Orbtronic SX30 2100mah 30A
2. Sony VTC4 2100mah 30A (there are no new stock authentic VTC5's out there that I know of)
3. Xtar 2100mah 30A (re-wrapped Sony VTC4)

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* RTD Vapor
* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics
Thank you for your help but I have already ordered and received my stuff so it's to late. The charger I got is the efest LUC charger with LCD and efest IMR 18650 3.7V 2800 mAH 35 amp is efest a reputable brand?

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
The charger I got is the efest LUC charger with LCD and efest IMR 18650 3.7V 2800 mAH 35 amp is efest a reputable brand?
The efest LUK charger are good. You can check out YouTube for reviews on your specific model #.

eFest doesn't manufacture their own batteries. They buy batteries from battery manufacturers and rewrap them. That in itself is not bad, but they tend to print the "pulse " discharge rate not the CDR (continuous discharge rating) which is the industry standard. They are not the only one who does this.

The batteries you bought are rated 20A CDR. I wouldn't run them at +100 watts often. That most likely won't be a problem as most people stay under 100 watts as a general rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread