Bench Test Results: Vapcell A11 - 10A 1100mAh 18350

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note my personal opinion for the ESTIMATED ratings for the batteries I tested at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This can be one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of property damage, personal injury, or even death. Never use them outside of a fully protected battery pack and you use them at your own risk. Never exceed the battery’s true continuous discharge rating (CDR), never let it get colder than 0°C or hotter than 60°C, and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition. Never use a battery that is physically damaged in any way.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

IMG_3687.jpeg IMG_3684.jpeg IMG_3685.jpeg IMG_3686.jpeg

Test Results
    This cell is a good performer for an 18350. It is identical in appearance and performance to the Keeppower UH1835P but it doesn’t have an exaggerated 1200mAh capacity rating like the Keeppower. This Vapcell also doesn’t have the ridiculous 15A “Max Pulse” rating the Keeppower has that will result in huge voltage sag if used.

The two cells I tested delivered 1122mAh and 1133mAh. This is above this cell’s 1100mAh rating so it appears to be accurate.

The 10A rating seems reasonable but it pushes it them hard so I recommend, like with all cells, operating these Vapcell’s at lower than their rating. For best performance (not lots of voltage sag) and long cell life I recommend staying under 5A-7A (15W-21W). Charge at 0.5A or lower!

This cell has an extra line of sealant or epoxy at the top, where the rolled over edge of the metal can meets the top plastic sealing ring. I have only seen his on the Keeppower UH1835P and I do not know why it is there. Rust prevention (when used in a humid environment) at the edge of the metal can perhaps? I scraped out this sealant/epoxy and did a few cycles of high-current pulse discharging without problems. I do not think the sealant/epoxy line is there to help keep the cell from leaking.

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    Vapcell A11 18350 - 10A 1100mAh CC Tests.jpeg

Ratings and Performance Specs Graphic
    IMG_6045.jpeg

18650 Ratings and E-Scores Table:

20700/21700 Ratings and E-Scores Table:

I want to work for the community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch | creating battery and device tests | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: Links To All 21700, 26650, 18350, 18500 Battery Tests

Users who are viewing this thread