Battery life question.. WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misthold

Oct 5, 2012
Atkinson, NH
I was thinking that.. so set it lower.. I only tried above 4.0 a few times and frankly did not find a hug diffrence so.. have it set lower.. and still crappy life compare to the lower battery?? with a adaptor?
This is assuming the "dial" is "somewhat" accurate of course..
I don't think I am vaping any more "hits" on one vs the other.. butalso noticed a diffrence using a the same atty and dripping too.. ???
There is one big diffrence the last several puffs are really BAD on the JC VEA.. where the ego just starts to flash.. so I am guessing it is a unregulated battery.. but still almost a WHOLE day of constant vaping.. on a 650.. and about 2/3 of a day on a 1000?

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Yup, with such a low ohm cartomizer, you don't really have a need to be any higher than 3.5 to 3.7 volts honestly. Your using 1.5 ohm cartomizers right? Those are designed to pull more power from a battery and they work best at lower voltages. If your using them at higher voltages, your giving your battery a double whammy of battery sucking power. But, heres whats perplexing me... Your only using it at 4v which is pretty low already... I'd say, if this continues to suck your battery even at a low voltage beyond your expectations, try returning the battery and let them know that you'd like them to send you a replacement. It almost sounds like this MAY be a case of a faulty battery.

ALSO, did you charge your battery to its full capacity as soon as you unpackaged it BEFORE using it? I ask because we're using lithium ion rechargeable batteries and they have a charge memory just like our childhood's effect our personality in our adulthood more than any other time in our lives, haha, your batteries first charges and first uses will pave the way for the charge it will hold in the future. You should always charge your battery as soon as you get it, all the way to FULL capacity, and then always use it until it is dead, for the first 3 to 5 times, so that the internal memory will remember its highest charge point, and its correct discharge point. If you pop it on the charger before its done completely discharging the 1st few times, the battery MAY 1.) only charge to the point that the manufacturer charged it (usually 50%) and 2.) It may believe it needs to be charged when it reaches the point you put it back on the charger the first 3 to 5 times you charged it. Newer batteries shouldn't really have this memory problem because the newer ones are being programmed to know better, haha, but I have heard that this CAN sometimes be a problem.

If you continue to experience problems, send it back for an exchange or store credit refund within 10-15 days of purchasing it, and if your vendor is a GOOD/KIND vendor, he should honor this exchange.

Last edited:

Misthold

Oct 5, 2012
Atkinson, NH
it is the 1.8 stardust clearos.. so yes.. tried a few fires at or just above 4.o but running mostly at 3.4=3.7

As for battery memory.. perhaps I am wrong.. but I though li batts.. unlike nicad batts did NOT have a memory?

the battery does work well.. nice vendor.. and yup.. forgot to order a charger so "did" is the problem and the reason? I tried the battery.. :)
perhaps that is the real problem? funny though because many other Nicad, vs Li Ion batteries and not "always" charging full before use.. seems odd that this specific use of LI ion battery would be so sensitive.. ..

Also side note.. I did not charge both VEA batts before use.. yet they last the same amount of time.. one tried.. one charged before use.. intresting..

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
You are right. I just looked it up after another member here corrected me. LI ion bats do NOT have the memory effect. So completely discharging them is actually NOT good for the life of your battery, however fully charging them IS a good idea. they DO not have memory lmao. I APOLOGIZE. I had to look it up myself after another member here corrected me haha.

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
There is NOT a charge memory associated with Li-on batteries. You should avoid fully discharging Li-on batts and instead frequently recharge them before they are fully drained. I have had more than one eGo batt die from allowing it to fully discharge once too often.

The amount of time your battery can "last" on a charge is dependent upon its mAh rating, its voltage, any current-limiting circuitry it may have and the resistance of its load. Increase the voltage, and you increase the current drawn from the battery (assuming the load resistance stays the same). For example, at 3.3v, a 1.8ohm load draws about 1.8 amps (1800mA) of current. Increase the voltage to 4 volts and the current draw becomes 2.2amps (2200mA). If you chained vaped hard at that setting, I would expect a 1000mAh battery to give out in about 3 hours or less.

Last edited:

Misthold

Oct 5, 2012
Atkinson, NH
I did some testing with a Vision 650 spinner.. the 1000 ego and the vea... I think I am just pounding the crap out of them.. use a cartomizer or drip tip.. much longer... Also I suspect that the adaptor played some stort of part.. need to get batteries for my multitester and see, but using a the 510 extension adaptor on the vision and the ego also slowed down the drain..

I have to say the vea battery is a good little bat, perhaps a bit weak fo some of the clearos but does actually work nice as a entry level.. My husband is getting alot of life out of them..
I took a file to the outside ring, as they are not threaded like egos an can fit the startdusts on it without a bulky adaptor.. it to also decreased in life.. again suspect the adaptor is playing part..

pretty bad only in this a month already have a collection of batteries, done a very noob mod to make a part fit.. and now looking at doing coil replacements in my stardust and nova... not impressed so far with that :(
just discovered the worries about silica wicks.. so thinking cotton may be nice, and also again a way to save...

Amanda

Still like dripping.. just not easy to do at work, or driving....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread