Status
Not open for further replies.

psytroxx

Sep 29, 2009
I have purchased two Joye 510 starter kits, from different stores. All manual batteries, with white body and red LED. They've been perfect, from october 1st, until yesterday. Two of the batteries are acting funny. #1 seems to be malfunctioning, since it will blink all randomly, for a second or a few, then off. Re-pressing the button, will result in the same behavior.

Removing the atomizer changes this situation. The battery now requires two presses to stay lit up like normal. I noticed that I can hold the button down, indefinitely, and it will blink off, then come back on, automatically, every 16 seconds(with atty disconnected). The battery does not get hot or anything, I continually held the button for almost two minutes.

I believe the battery, at first, was glowing for 5 seconds, then cutting off. Then I would press again, immediately, and it would glow for three seconds, and cut-off on it's own. I was able to get it to do that for a while, then it got to shorter intervals of glow-ability, and would do the standard dead-battery blinks for 10-15 seconds.

Since then, I've placed it on different chargers, a total of 3 times. First, it was left on the charger for over 8 hours, yet the LED was still red. I unscrewed it, hooked it up to an atty, it blinked all weird. Random, as above. Eventually went dead, with constant blinks, as normal. I plugged it in to different charger, and it "charged" for 7 minutes. I turned around to check it, and it was green that fast. So I took it out, and it had no charge when I pressed the button.

Sometimes, for some reason, early on with these devices, pressing the button, didn't produce LED light. I had to press several times for it to light up. Now the battery is back in the initial charger. Has been there for two hours, and is still showing a red LED.

I'm confused, no one else appears to have this issue. Second battery is doing the cut-off appearance. It stopped itself from continuing until it died, 10 minutes later. That charged, and is working fine, so far. Any ideas, or diagnoses would be appreciated. Thanks for taking time.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There are so many issues here where more information is needed. I'm pretty sure that actual Joye510 manuals still have no cutoff, whereas the nee SLB and L2 models do have cutoffs. So I am suspect as to whether the person knows they are Joye 510s or even perhaps whether the vendor knows. At any rate it looks like switch problem probably caused by juice getting in the button opening or a manual that was retrofitted from an auto that still has the hole in the center connector of the batt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread