Battery for the Silver Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It's too late into the night to find the threads and link them, but somewhere here on ECF there have been discussions concerning battery brands and battery types, performance and longivity. From what I remember, and anyone can correct me if I am wrong, is that AW makes the best batteries by far. The Trustfire and Ultrafire batteries can be considered to be cheaper, lesser brands, less dependable with over-inflated specs.

Of the two batteries you list to compare: the AW IMR is a high drain type, meaning it can provide more bursts of power that could be useful for low resistance attys or cartos. Not protected, but is safer chemistry not needing protection circuitry. Although its 2000 mAh rating is lower than the protected Ultrafire 2600 mAh, its lifetime battery life can be expected to outlive the Ultrafire over time. That's what I think I learned in a nutshell. Synopis: You'll likely be happier with the AW over the long term.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yeah, at first glance at the specs you'd think the Ultrafire battery would be the better choice with the longer mAh rating. But I've seen graphs that show that the Ultrafire self-promoted specs can be over rated in real life.

The bursts of available power available from the high drain, IMR batteries is more noticeable in the smaller batteries like the 14500, and not so much with the larger 18650.

I've heard some good things about the Panasonic batteries making a run as a competitive choice against the AW's/ Also, beware of AW knockoffs if you buy from possibly obscure online vendors to save money.

The place where I got most of my info was from the battery/technical subforums here at ECF...scroll thru the thread titles for what might interest you.

Last edited:

moshiri94

Jul 22, 2013
United States
Probably won't get an answer here, seeing as this thread is a year old...
I just bought an 18650 batter for my silver bullet which i've used regularly for almost a year now with rcr123a's. Put the 18650 in tonight, and it didn't fire at all. Not even a weak fire or anything. I figured it needed charging or something, so i plugged it in and let it charge a couple of hours. Still, no fire. I dont understand what's going on. I even stacked my rcr's again to make sure the silver bullet is still running as well as it always has and they worked fine... I'm using an AW IMR 18650 2000mAh. Maybe it's the carto I'm using? Standard res 2.8 boge... I'm really just doing this for the ithaka clone i bought that I'll be using either at 0.7ohms or 1.5ohms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread