Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Panasonic's 3400 mAh 18650 is the highest capacity battery of that size that's available. Manufacturers often exaggerate the actual capacities of their batteries and as a rule you can assume that if 3000+ mAh is promised the manufacturer is lying. In any case, higher capacity should not be the main criteria when you're shopping for batteries. Name brands, safe chemistry (IMR or hybrid), and an amp limit that's high enough for your use.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
Hi Chris, im not well versed in which batteries are best in Mech Mods but i do know that it is a critical safety issue as far as Protected vs unprotected, imr,icr etc ,especially with regards to rebuildable atomizers/drippers if you are getting into that.........Im sure you will get some excellent advice here , best to you!!

chrisj3982

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Yea, I'm pretty much leaning towards the aw imr 18650. I believe it's 2000 or 2100 mAh. Of course safety is my main concern, I have small children that like to play with batteris and basically everything daddy touches, so just like my e-liquid and all other thing they shouldn't play with I keep them out of reach, very we'll secured and always keep a close watchful eye on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm not sure how to post a link, but looked up 18650 batteries, shows a picture of a blue 18650, up close, 5000mAh printed right on the side. Ultra fire, tr18650, 5000mAh

Yeah - that's what I thought...

That's a flashlight battery at best. A grossly overstated capacity, most likely ICR chemistry, NOT high discharge rate, possibly protected cell, great for blowing your face off - battery.

There are next to no {blank}Fire batteries that are design for or safe to use for vaping, let alone in a mech mod.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
Ultra fire, tr18650, 5000mAh
i remember a review about them somewhere, their actual capacity is around 1000mAh

Also a tip when checking out batteries - capacity is one thing, usable capacity is another. The panasonic battery mentioned here is a good example since its been rated to safely discharge down to ~2.5v which is much lower then usual li-ions and a big factor in why its got so much capacitance. Since vaping is mostly done at 3.4v+ though (in both mech and regulated since regulated cant keep up with voltage drop at that point), its usable capacity is more in line with the ~2600mAh LiMN type batteries while its max discharge power is much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread