Bad tasting juice to stop vaping

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I wonder if this approach is flawed logic. I know some obese people that are terrible cooks.
    Would bad juice enable you to stop or just send you back to cigarettes?

I think it can go either way for different people. Those who want to take the bad tasting juice route will probably succeed if they have to discipline to say "Look, it's either vape this crap or quit, no other choices".

People who are gonna succeed will do so with different methods and variations of the same method. Those who are quitting because they feel they "have to" will never succeed regardless of method.

Reactions: Izan

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    I think it can go either way for different people. Those who want to take the bad tasting juice route will probably succeed if they have to discipline to say "Look, it's either vape this crap or quit, no other choices".

People who are gonna succeed will do so with different methods and variations of the same method. Those who are quitting because they feel they "have to" will never succeed regardless of method.
    Not so sure about that. My Dad and grandpas both did in the 50’s when the first links to cancer and cigarettes came out. Probably harder though. The rate of cold turkey is what? 20%? My memory is the rate is near 50% with e-cigs. So better but not 100%

Slimk123

• Sep 9, 2023
    Ireland
    Hi there, I’m a smoker who switched to vaping trying to stop smoking, but now that I have to stop vaping, I’m looking for the most basic solution:

is there juices that purposely taste terrible? I’m looking for that as I won’t take pleasure hitting the vape and eventually it can help me stop.
    I have been vaping full time for over a year and DIY both liquid and coils. I ahve found preflavoured liquids and liquid concentrates now feature many ingredients that gunk up and IMHO make vaping more unhealthy than it should be. I now vape with only 70/30 VG/PG and switching between 3% nic salt and no salt. That is no flavouring at all. The taste is neutral with the hop to stop vaping altogether in the coming months. This is coming from Smoking 30grms of Tobacco every 2 days!

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Hi there, I’m a smoker who switched to vaping trying to stop smoking, but now that I have to stop vaping, I’m looking for the most basic solution:

is there juices that purposely taste terrible? I’m looking for that as I won’t take pleasure hitting the vape and eventually it can help me stop.
    There are, though I am not sure it would work well. The standard thing to do is lower the mic concentration in you juice gradually. This is the primary advantage with e-cigs. You can titrate down. If you’re vaping store bought juice, the common method is to buy the concentration you normally buy, as well as a bottle of zero, and mix some in. give it a good long shake (I count to 100 myself), and vape that. You do that until you’re used to it, then drop the Nic concentration again. And you keep doing that till you hit zero, once you do that vape unflavored zero (which is much cheaper) till you don’t feel the need to vape at all. Can take anywhere from weeks to years. YMMV.

Not to be a dick, but take a few dry hits-!
    You won't be eager to put your mouth on that drip tip!

lamywaby

Moved On
    Feb 8, 2023
    They won’t help if your nic level is still high. Vaping was originally created to STOP smoking but it evolved. The way it used to work is one would vape to stop smoking cigarettes as it would stop the damage caused by cigarettes, and because the nic level in e-cigs was variable you could wean yourself off it a lot more easily as slowly or as quickly as you liked. I’ve seen 3 weeks, I’ve seen multiple years. I’ve seen not at all. It’s different for everyone. Most often the number is around 2.5 years. The original methodology was to buy a bottle of zero and a bottle of your standard Nic level in the same flavor and mix them thus lowering your Nic level gradually. Som people have been able to do it just by buying bottles with lower and lower Nic levels in steps. This improves quitting percentage over cold turkey, but not to 100%. You may need something more gradual, but this is very possible with the mixing system. As far as horrible flavors go, how about no flavor at all? It has the advantage of being really inexpensive. Unflavored is just bases. PG, VG, and Nic base. You just use less and less Nic base. It would also be helpful to know what you vape. Hardware especially. If you’re already at zero it’s cheapest of all. Just get a jug of Kosher food grade Vegtable Glycerine from Amazon and vape that. (Notice I capitalized the V and the G. It’s one of the bases. Zero is just PG, VG, and flavoring. You’re just skipping the flavoring and a whole pile of money) A gallon will cost what a 30ml bottle does. It’s that big a price difference. 99% of people who vape zero nic unflavored eventually just stop. You can even throw som polypropylene glycol in there for extra bite if you want. It’s cheap too Mukilteo Deck Contractors. You can get it at most resteraunt supply stores. I get my VG from either Amazon (because shipping is handy) or a farm supply store because VG is also used as a laxitive for cattle as well as a standard food additive (you can also get it at those resteraunt supply stores but it’s pricier there for the same stuff)
    Yes, there are e-liquids designed with intentionally unpleasant flavors to discourage vaping and aid in quitting. These are often referred to as "unflavored" or "bitter" e-liquids. Some manufacturers produce these types of juices with a taste that many find unappealing, hoping to deter users from continued vaping.

You can check with local vape shops or online retailers that specialize in smoking cessation products. Keep in mind that the effectiveness of this approach varies from person to person, and it's always advisable to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice on smoking cessation strategies.

• Haha
    Reactions: puffon

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes, there are e-liquids designed with intentionally unpleasant flavors to discourage vaping and aid in quitting.

You can check with local vape shops or online retailers that specialize in smoking cessation products.

I found no such thing available on the web.

Vape vendors in the USA are prohibited from selling vape kits and juices as a smoking cessation product as vaping has not been approved by the FDA as a smoking cessation product. They have deemed it strictly as as a tobacco product under the same umbrella as cigarettes, cigars, chew, etc.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    *doesn’t know what that is*
    I made it up.

ChatGPT is an AI search engine that will compose just about anything you feed it in a convincing and grammatically correct format.
    ChatGBS is when you feed it BS in order to try to prove your fallacious point.

• Haha
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

Users who are viewing this thread