Backwoods Brew - Melonbacco & Applewood Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Brew is another juice vendor I found on ECF. Based on what I have read, BB has a large following of loyal customers. The owner of BB, Don, mixes each juice fresh as it is purchased. He shows excellent customer service and offers fast priority shipping. Most of his tobacco flavors do need time to steep once you receive them for the best flavor. The two juices that I am reviewing have steeped for 2+ weeks and have significantly changed in taste since I first received them. Don uses a standard 70% PG / 30% VG mixing ratio. Not a big PG fan myself, but so far all the juices I have sampled from BB haven't given me any problems and are enjoyable. I vaped these juices on the Jazz with a LR 2.0 ohm Boge cartomizer at 3.7 volts.

* Melonbacco - 70% PG / 30% VG - 18mg - A super smooth, refreshing vape. I ordered this juice based on a few reviews I read. At first I didn't think I'd enjoy a watermelon tobacco juice, but I was wrong. The tobacco base that Don uses and the watermelon vape surprisingly well together. Authentic tobacco taste with freshly cut watermelon undertones. The throat hit is mild but still lets you know it's there. Vapor production is normal and smells very enticing. Personally, this is a one time juice buy for me, but I can see a lot of his customer's enjoying this juice. If you like fruity tobacco or watermelon vapes, I recommend you try this juice, you will not be disappointed.

Flavor - 3.5 / 5
Throat Hit - 3.5 / 5
Vapor Production - 3 / 5
Recommended - Yes

* Applewood - 70% PG / 30% VG - 18mg - A rich tobacco taste with smokey apple undertones. This juice is one of BB's best sellers and I can see why. I vaped this juice as soon as I received it in the mail and was disappointed, it tasted like perfume. After two weeks of steeping I decided to give it another shot. I filled a new cartomizer up and started vaping away. Everything I read about steeping Don's tobacco juices was true, it must be done. On inhale you get an authentic tobacco taste and on exhale a lovely wood chip smoked apple taste. The throat hit is mild, like the Melonbacco, but works. Vapor production is nothing special again, but enough to satisfy. I will be ordering this juice again along with a few others I would like to try.

Flavor - 4 / 5
Throat Hit - 3.5 / 5
Vapor Production - 3 / 5
Recommended - Yes

Great vendor, tasty juice and awesome customer service. I would love to see some of his juices offered with a higher VG mix ratio in the future.

Backwoods Brew

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I keep toying with the idea of ordering Melonbacco. I have the watermelon, but I'm not too keen on it. However, I LOVE the Applewood, which has become my everyday vape - even over Malty and Malty Toffee. I would love to find something similar to Applewood, though it doesn't have to be an apple taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread