Awesome Vapers in Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari007

Mar 12, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
I had an amazing night and wanted to share with you guys. :)

I am up in Chicago from Florida on some business and my work was completed WAYYYY sooner than expected. Since I had some spare time, I decided it would be cool to do a "Vape Tour" across the Chicago area. I was in a hotel in the suburbs, and was nervous about driving to downtown and having to pay some crazy money for parking. I had come to downtown Chicago for about 3 hours about 2 months ago and ended up spending about $75 for parking!!! INSANE!! Because of that, I decided to take the train into town and walk to all of these shops. I googled "Vape shops" and had a couple of shops that showed up and looked like they were only about 3 blocks from the train station. Well, when I showed up, it turned out that I didnt quite zoom in on the map enough, and those "blocks" that I was looking at turned out to be miles. Without going into too much detail, I ended up having to walk about 3 miles in the snow before I showed up at a shop called "Vape". (I hit a couple others, but they were not really worth mentioning.) The guys at Vape were freaking awesome!! We hung out for about 2 hours just talking vape stuff before I told them I had to try to find a way BACK to the place where I started so that I could take the train back to my car. (Turns out, I should have just drove since we werent "downtown" and parking was not an issues. Figures. haha)

One of the main things I was walking around looking for was a Kraken. I walked into the shop and looked around the display case. They had several different RBAs, Genesis style and not, but no Krakens. Turns out they had just sold out. It figures. Well, after talking for a little while, they ended up pulling out one of the owner's Krakens so that I could try it out. I LOVED it and some of the guys in the shop helped me pressure the owner into selling it to me. He finally gave in and sold it to me, already complete with a beautiful .5ohm set of coils on it. :) Freaking awesome!!!!

Anyway, I ended up hanging out for a while and the guy who sold me the Kraken told me that there was a vape meet back in the suburb where my car was parked and asked if I wanted to come. After some back and forth in my head about whether or not I should get into a car with some (basically) complete strangers, I ended up saying... Sure. Another local vaper came and picked both of us up and we ended up driving another 45 minutes to the other side of town to meet up with about 40 other local vapers with more mods than i had ever seen in real life in my entire life!!!! It was freaking amazing!!

I ended up meeting SOOOO many people and got SOOOO much information that it was insane!!! We all hung out for a couple of hours, vaping and talking shop, and they dropped me back off at my car so that I could get back to my hotel.

It turned out to be one of the best vaping experiences that I have ever experienced, and it really left me with one heck of a story to be able to share with others.

Thank you Chicago and Vape!!!!!!! You made my trip!!!!! (Here is my shameless plug for these guys --> https://squareup.com/market/vape-llc) :D

Now lets see if I can manage to attach some pix......

[EDIT] Fixed the website URL. For some reason the original one I put up wasnt working....

Attachments

• kraken.jpg
    kraken.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 16
  • guy2.jpg
    guy2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16
  • guys1.jpg
    guys1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 17
  • mods.jpg
    mods.jpg