Aw imr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robavinsky

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Florida
I bought a couple aw imrs for my reo mini 2.1 on amazon. I never ordered batteries from there and after reading i wont again. So they came in and ive been using them but after coming across a thread about fakes i looked mine over and comparing them to ones i got from provape. What really caught my eye was the marking that says bfn14b20. I searched the whole number and couldnt find anything so just searched bfn and bfn imr etc. i found a website that sells bfn imr batteries that look exactly like the aw batteries minus the aw sticker for about half the price. Then i noticed the aw sticker from provape has little holograms on it but this one does not. I think its a fake aw but im not a battery guru or anything so i could be wrong. I wrote the vendor and asked if they get them directly from aw and they responded saying they did. I told them all my concerns and they told me they are genuine but would be willing to take them back to investigate and swap them out. Of course that makes me feel bad for accusing them of selling fakes and i dont want to waste their time. What do you think?
cc4a670724b853cdfa096768b633d94e.jpg

Robavinsky

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Florida
Thanks for responding. That lettering is what got me paranoid and looking around the internet. I leaving the country tues and wanted to bring my mini and grand but im not gonna use the batteries so my mini will have to stay in the states. I dont want batteries to be shipped and not make it in time to wind up sitting in the heat for 9 days! Vacation in italy without the mini, sad day.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I bought a couple aw imrs for my reo mini 2.1 on amazon. I never ordered batteries from there and after reading i wont again. So they came in and ive been using them but after coming across a thread about fakes i looked mine over and comparing them to ones i got from provape. What really caught my eye was the marking that says bfn14b20. I searched the whole number and couldnt find anything so just searched bfn and bfn imr etc. i found a website that sells bfn imr batteries that look exactly like the aw batteries minus the aw sticker for about half the price. Then i noticed the aw sticker from provape has little holograms on it but this one does not. I think its a fake aw but im not a battery guru or anything so i could be wrong. I wrote the vendor and asked if they get them directly from aw and they responded saying they did. I told them all my concerns and they told me they are genuine but would be willing to take them back to investigate and swap them out. Of course that makes me feel bad for accusing them of selling fakes and i dont want to waste their time. What do you think?
cc4a670724b853cdfa096768b633d94e.jpg

14 ways fake. Is that just a black on white AW sticker even? Even the old version has a metallic foil background.

How to spot a fake AW battery

And for the record: All 26650 "AW" batteries out there are fakes. AW doesn't even handle a 26650 battery yet. :facepalm:

IMR16340 / IMR14500 / IMR18350 / IMR18490 / IMR18650 / IMR26500 *Part 2*

AW sells directly to dealers, not fly-by-nights on eBay and Amazon.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Can't say for sure but I'd trust Amazon over eBay anytime.

6 months ago I would've totally agreed with you but I've noticed more and more that Amazon is going to this "Amazon partner retailer" thing. Sure, your stuff comes in an Amazon box, with Amazon security tape but these are supplied by Amazon as part of the "partnership" agreement to "fly the flag" if you will. If you buy from one of these "partners" your product came to you direct from their warehouse, never scrutinized by Amazon...if you have any issues Amazon will (may) step in and advocate on your behalf.

...pfft, ya right...maybe if 50 people complain otherwise, I wouldn't hold your breath. Just check out some of the Rayban sunglasses or Levis stores on Amazon and read the reviews for example.

...I shop on-line A LOT and unfortunately I'm noticing that Amazon is becoming more like what Ebay used to be like everyday. In fact, I've pretty much gone completely back to Ebay, filter to US/Can. sellers only and check their rating...I've yet to be ripped off (maybe just lucky?)...plus, you've got the (sort of) protection of PayPal with Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread