Auto batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, have a (hopefully) quick question about automatic batteries. I have two thus far, from two different models, that still hold a charge, but don't activate / come on. I've tried the PGA treatment to resurrect one (a Luci battery), and it did not appear to work. It still shows that it's fully charged, but I get no LED light and it does not power the atomizer. The other is an 801 battery, which I haven't tried the PGA trick with.

I'm quite likely to be switching permanently to manual batteries from now on, since the air flow sensor appears to be an Achilles heel for me. I don't drip. I do top off carts a lot, but I vape a lot as well. :D

All that said, anyone have any ideas as to what I might do to bring them back? Or do I now have spare parts? ;)

Thanks in advance!

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
If the auto switch is fouled or otherwise non-functional, there is likely nothing you can do to revive the batteries. The only remedies I recall reading about include sharp blows to try and get the switch to move freely or dipping the threaded part of the atomizer about half an inch into some alcohol to try and dissolve some of the dried juice that may be causing the sticking of the switch.

You may wish to skip the manual batteries and step up to a world-class device for your 801-style atomizers like the Super-T, AdapteveR, Prodigy or Silver Bullet. No more messing around with little batteries and switches that fail fairly easily. Replacement batteries for these devices are a few bucks each while a manual battery may set you back $10-$20 each.

If the auto switch is fouled or otherwise non-functional, there is likely nothing you can do to revive the batteries. The only remedies I recall reading about include sharp blows to try and get the switch to move freely or dipping the threaded part of the atomizer about half an inch into some alcohol to try and dissolve some of the dried juice that may be causing the sticking of the switch.

I'll try the PGA thing with the 801, as I'm a bit wary of whacking batteries into things. Ah well. :D

You may wish to skip the manual batteries and step up to a world-class device for your 801-style atomizers like the Super-T, AdapteveR, Prodigy or Silver Bullet. No more messing around with little batteries and switches that fail fairly easily. Replacement batteries for these devices are a few bucks each while a manual battery may set you back $10-$20 each.

Ok, I apologize in advance for the plethora of questions; I'd been considering one of these, but haven't yet looked into the details of the devices:

I'm not really worried about it "looking like a cig"* - in fact, as long as it doesn't look too much like a crack pipe I'm happy - so this might well be the route I go. Are the batteries that go into them available at common stores (Wal-mart, Home Despot, etc)? Not having to wait for shipping if something breaks would rock.

The screwdriver looks rather neat (ok, it looks like a grenade, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing :lol:).

Any suggestions as to where to start looking? This forum is pretty huge, I'm not thoroughly familiar with it just yet.

Thanks for the advice! :D

* The only reason I bothered with a Luci was that it was available locally, and I needed to get by until replacement parts for my 801 arrived. It's better than an analog, but that's pretty much all I can say for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread