Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
People, please leave the newb forum for the newbs to post in so it doesn't become cluttered with threads that belong elsewhere. They can't help what they post there because they can't start threads anywhere else. But for those of you who can, please post in other appropriate forums.

The Newb forum says: New Members' Forum New to E-smoking with plenty of questions? I'll bet! Please feel free to ask them in this forum...

Once you're no longer "new", please post elsewhere. Otherwise, their threads get buried and some never get responded to.

Thank you,
Lu

OK, I'm bumping this up because it seems we have a lot of non-new members starting threads in the new member forum. As noted above, the new member forum is for new member intros and initial questions. After the 15 post count is reached, members should be posting in other appropriate forums.

With the volume of new posts, we don't have time to keep checking there to see if they belong there or not so please be aware of where you are posting.

Thank you,
Lu

whistlrr

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Michigan's Knobbywristbone
Alrighty.

I think I just happened to not start any threads in the newbie section (or if I have maybe possibly one after 'graduating' no idea now but I guess I could have, I haven't paid attention that much, though I think I've only just answered somebody over there in their own thread).

I never saw or noticed this thread before today.

Maybe this thread should be a 'sticky' so it doesn't have to keep being bumped up?

jxmiller

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2009
Gah! To little to late. Sorry got inpatient and hijacked a thread just to ask a question.

Impatience is a virtue. Sometimes.

Anyways I am trying to figure out how many posts I need to be able to create a thread... so far no luck. I am not so much of a post crap everywhere person. But I do have some information I would like to share in a new thread.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Gah! To little to late. Sorry got inpatient and hijacked a thread just to ask a question.

Impatience is a virtue. Sometimes.

Anyways I am trying to figure out how many posts I need to be able to create a thread... so far no luck. I am not so much of a post crap everywhere person. But I do have some information I would like to share in a new thread.

You should be fine now..... the requirement was 15-17 posts and you've now surpassed it.

VapeOn,
Greg

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Originally Posted by ZambucaLu
People, please leave the newb forum for the newbs to post in so it doesn't become cluttered with threads that belong elsewhere. They can't help what they post there because they can't start threads anywhere else. But for those of you who can, please post in other appropriate forums.

The Newb forum says: New Members' Forum New to E-smoking with plenty of questions? I'll bet! Please feel free to ask them in this forum...

Once you're no longer "new", please post elsewhere. Otherwise, their threads get buried and some never get responded to.

Thank you,
Lu

OK, I'm bumping this up because it seems we have a lot of non-new members starting threads in the new member forum. As noted above, the new member forum is for new member intros and initial questions. After the 15 post count is reached, members should be posting in other appropriate forums.

With the volume of new posts, we don't have time to keep checking there to see if they belong there or not so please be aware of where you are posting.

Thank you,
Lu

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i know its all about keep things tidy but why would anybody post in the newb forum if the message isnt aimed at the newbs.. purely my one view on this.. too much moving of threads to somewhere the poster didnt intend them to be isnt to the good..

i would never post in the tech section but a lot of simple answers i think are best suited to general readers get moved to the tech section..

also i would like to be able in simple terms to answer the odd question in the newb forum.. i cant tho..

i also know the newb restrictions are anti spam measures.. but watching newbs ask questions that get answered by other newbs seems kind of pointless to me..

the newb forum just seems a containment area where the poor buggers have to mill about in total confusion for 15 posts before they can join the real forum.. all to keep spammers at bay..

just a comment from the user side.. now tell me i should post my thoughts in the appropriate forum... this all lead up to being over restrictive because the place is over busy i know.. but folks by their very nature always cram into the busy pub... interesting but i think you are fighting a losing battle.. he he he

trog

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread