Atomizers ordered from Rocky Mountain Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
PA, USA
On 7/23, I ordered (5) 510 Atomizers from Rocky Mountain Vapor. They arrived today 7/27 in the mail, USPS first class. The shipping was free, the atty's were $8/ea.

Packaging was a bubble envelope and inside, the 5 atty's, capped with cartridges, were wrapped together in bubble wrap.

Upon opening the bubble wrap, I realized they were wet, everything inside was wet. I know there is primer in new atty's, but I've gotten other shipments from other suppliers, and this is the first time anything arrived leaking.

I don't know what they prime with..but the first thing I had to do was wipe everything down and wash my hands. The carts were all empty but wet.

I blew out each atty after I wiped everything down, and I got about the same amount of fluid out of each of them as if I'd blown out a used atomizer.

Aside from that, they seem to be classic 510 atty's, I'm using one now that I have blown out, and primed with some ECOpure. I took some mouth hits just to be on the safe side, but really didn't experience anything nasty.

No copy of my invoice, or any other documentation was in the package, just the atty's wrapped in bubble wrap, and scotch tape at either end.

So to sum up:

Shipping was fast, even non-priority, and there was no delivery confirmation.

The price was good.

The packaging was, at most, adequate.

The condition of the items was not what I expected. Has anyone else had atomizers arrive leaking and wet?

I'd like to know what RMV uses to prime their atty's. I'd like to suggest they use a tad less. If that had leaked through the package, I imagine the post office would not have been pleased.

Anyway..that's about it!

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
www.rockymountainvapor.com
Hello,

I would like to respond to this. I do not add any liquid myself to the atomizers. They are sent to me in this way and i do not drain them or add more liquid to them. I think it is in everyones best interest to get atomizers that are wet. The leading cause of bad atomizers is them being too dry. Some are more wet then others and you might have just gotten a wetter batch.
I feel my packaging is more then enough since i have not had any issues with products showing up broken. Bubble envelope with the items inside again bubble wrapped seems to be more then enough protection. Not sure what else i can do.
As far as the invoice inside, i find this to be overkill since both sides have email confirmations. Its my small way of saving a tree.
If people would like to see this changed i would have no problems doing so, but i don't feel its needed.
If anyone has suggestions on my shippnig methods etc then I am all ears
Thanks,
Dave
Rocky Mountain Vapor

abandonhope16

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
As long as an email invoice is provided; I dont feel a paper invoice in necessary, I actually find it wasteful.
For something like attys, bubblewrapped, padded envelope seems to be perfect. Maybe people want a box? Again, I think that would be wasteful and overkill. If your items arrived undamaged, then I'd say the packaging was fine and did its job. I'm sure RMV could charge for shipping and provide a box.
Can't speak for the liquid. Generally vendors just get their shipment from China and pass it along to you; most vendors don't do/need to do anything else.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Since an email invoice is available I think a printed invoice is unnecessary. Just a waste of paper and something else to throw away. I've ordered a few times from RMV and my products have arrived unscathed with their present method of packing. I'm fine with the lack of a box considering their prices are the cheapest you'll find anywhere and there is NO shipping charge!

Bunni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
PA, USA
lol, ok I'm all for saving trees. I think my main focus was that these shipped pretty wet, wet enough to leak, and possible out of the packaging. I doubt anyone wants to deal with complaints of USPS regarding leaky packages? Maybe to be safe, throw the atty's into a ziploc bag, lined with a papertowel? and then bubblewrap? Just a thought. I don't care about boxes either, as nothing I have ordered, save one bottle of juice, has come in a box. I mentioned the invoice thing as it's probably the only time one hasn't been included.

This wasn't meant to be petty, this was meant as an honest review of what I got.

I would rather not have any supplier have to deal with USPS complaints of leaking packages. I think the issues surrounding e-cigs, and supplies right now in the media is enough. I agree atty's should stay wet, on the inside.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
lol, ok I'm all for saving trees. I think my main focus was that these shipped pretty wet, wet enough to leak, and possible out of the packaging. I doubt anyone wants to deal with complaints of USPS regarding leaky packages? Maybe to be safe, throw the atty's into a ziploc bag, lined with a papertowel? and then bubblewrap? Just a thought. I don't care about boxes either, as nothing I have ordered, save one bottle of juice, has come in a box. I mentioned the invoice thing as it's probably the only time one hasn't been included.

This wasn't meant to be petty, this was meant as an honest review of what I got.

I would rather not have any supplier have to deal with USPS complaints of leaking packages. I think the issues surrounding e-cigs, and supplies right now in the media is enough. I agree atty's should stay wet, on the inside.

I agree, a ziploc bag is probably a good idea....

greyeyes

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
Florida
I just received a package of five 901 attys from RMV on Friday and there was no evidence of any of them being wet.

I'm all for anything and everything to keep prices down on all e-cig related products. Dave's no frills packaging without an invoice or printed label is just fine with me! Read an article not too long ago that what we pay for printer ink equates to $20,000 a gallon! 8-o

I will continue ordering everything I need, or want, from RMV. :)

dntbuyblu

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
oregon
Hmm.......... sounds kinda fishy i've bought many items from rocky mountain vapor never had a problem in fact i just got another order today. 1. another 510 kit perfect condition,2. atomizer not wet. perfect condition works perfect in fact evry 510 atomizer i own has come from r.m.v. and they have never broken down and i never clean them!!

Last edited:

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
I would like to say that i didn't take what she said as an insult or a jab at the company. I am always open to suggestions, and there is times when the atomizers are a bit wet. She probably just got a wet batch.
I don't think it is an issue really at all with the product since some liquid in the atomizers is a good thing, but she makes a good point about leaking in the package catching the attention of the USPS.

I appreciate all the good feedback in here, but would prefer if people didn't bash her.

Thanks

I expect liquid next week. Sorry i didn't order sooner but i am a small company and right now i have a lot of stock in shipping limbo. I try to limit how much stock i have in shipping at once. Once some of the stock i am waiting for gets in i will have some liquid on its ways

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
hmm sounds kinda fishy ive bought many items from rmv never had a problem seems bunni is getting upset because she nows sees how good rmv is she used to praise how good i.v. is and now she is trying to make stuff up about rmv get a life bunni your so full of it next time take some pictures to back up your claim i dont believe a word out of your mouth i wouldnt even bother letting you buy from me dont forget to take your meds!!!!!!!

What are you babbling about?

BTW..I'd like to buy a full stop and a capital letter, Pat.

paengster

Apr 13, 2009
I finally got my 510 kit today (with PCC & liquid) from RMV. I think their packaging is excellent.

I got both batteries and PCC charged for less than 2 hours. I dunno why they turned green so fast. I didn't want to over charge them so I took 'em off right away. Maybe they were already pre-charged.

While waiting for the batts to charge, I tried the flue-cured liquid (24mg) with my old 901. Nice vapor, good thraot hit, and taste toooo DAAAMN good! I'll be ordering more of this from them.

OKAY! ...I have one comment/complaint though. Not about RMV, but with my 510. It does produce a LOT, I mean clouds of vapor. But I'm NOT getting any throat hit from it. I sucked on this thing till I turned blue, but I still don't get any throat hit.

I just would like to know if there's something I missed, or doing something wrong, or if the product's defective.

Please advice... Thanks!

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
Paengster - Throat hit takes some time. You need to break the atomizer in. A way to do this fast is to get the atomizer really wet and put a wet cart on it. Leave it sitting like this for a few hours (even better over night). Every time ive done this the next day when i use it its like i had been using the atomizer for a week

paengster

Apr 13, 2009
Paengster - Throat hit takes some time. You need to break the atomizer in. A way to do this fast is to get the atomizer really wet and put a wet cart on it. Leave it sitting like this for a few hours (even better over night). Every time ive done this the next day when i use it its like i had been using the atomizer for a week

Thanks for the quick response.

BTW, when's the next shipment for your liquids? I'd like to order more flavors. ALSO, I'm considering purchasing a (901) Manual USB Passthrough. Will it be compatible with the old 901s?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread