Atomic center post spinning ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
Hey,

My Atomic rda center post has started spinning on me when the screw is tightened all the way down. When the screw should be tightened the post starts to spin instead...
It's very fustruating since I have to choose between bad conductivity or a ruined coil (the post instantly distorts the coil as it starts spinning.)

I tried turning the bottom screw on the 510 connection but it justs make the post spin.
Tried holding the post with pliers while turning the bottom screw but that didn't help either. Not sure if the post was sliding in the pliers or maybe the pliers didn't really grip it (the posts are so close together it makes grasping the center post difficult.)

Anyone know if there is a way to disasemble this post, or any other way to solve this problem ?

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Maybe try replacing the insulator around the 510 connection? I know Vapehappy sells them. You should be able to just push the center post down and out and it should pop out the bottom. Is this authentic or clone? I know on my authentic this never happened to me, they were close together but never spun. Ive been reading about a lot of rda's having this problem lately.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
It's an authentic sadly...

Thanks for the tip I'm gonna try to push the post at least that should give me a better idea of what is going on once it is dismantled.
This thing has made strange shorts on me twice (couldn't find the cause, but replacing the coil solved the problem, never happened to me on other atomizers) so it might very well be that the insulator is faulty or has melted a bit. Nothing seems off while looking at it mounted though.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Wow, authentics these days sometimes you get that one ya know lol thats something that would happen to me so I feel your pain. But yeah I would definitely pop that center post out and see whats going on, it could have melted and metal could be contacting metal and shorting it out.

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
Didn't manage to push the post yet, tried to push as strong as I could with a screwdriver but it will not budge. I'm trying to remove the negative posts to be able to bring a hammer and cushion to the center post. I know they are screwed on the deck, had one unscrew on me once but now they don't want to come...

Do you know if the bottom screw is supposed to adjust the 510 connection or is it normal for it to spin the post ? (I don't see why you'd want to spin it though...)

I might try to send it back but since I bought it in germany (intaste) it will probably be a PITA and cost money (i'm in europe, but still).
i'll probably just use this money to buy a working clone base lol.

Last edited:

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Yeah I dont know about that, when I first got mine I tried to spin that bottom 510 piece and it didnt budge. Cause some rda's dont list it as removable. Like when I bought my APO rda the bottom pin was silver plated copper and thats all they said, when I went to clean it I spun it and it was adjustable and removable, most people probly dont know that cause its not listed in the specs. I wouldnt bother sending it back, but im in the US, it wouldnt be worth it. Id probly take the loss get another, clone or authentic, and keep fiddling with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread