Aspire Nautilus MINI & MVP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
The mini comes with a 1.8 BVC installed and a 1.8 spare. It doesn't really matter though and note that the larger Nautilus comes with one of each ohmage (though they are the older BDC type). If you set the battery by wattage (power), it will adjust the current to give you the same power with either coil.

That's a great combination. You should enjoy it!

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Thanks facedown. So is there any real advantage of having lower Ohm coils or shall I just stick to the 1.8s?

The lower ohm will just heat up a bit faster, I have both can't really tell the difference. Just remember when you put in a new coil let it sit for about 20 min then do a few dry pulls "no power". Turn the volts down low slowly turn them up till you hit your sweet spot.

Last edited:

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
Not really. The 1.8's will work just fine - that's what I got for the mini just because that's what came with it. I got 1.6's for the larger one just because..... There's only 12 1/2 % difference between them (and thus amperage at a given wattage) and well above the limit for the MVP.

You can't really go wrong either way. An unusual good fortune!

facedown

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Highland Park, IL, USA
For me, at least, it seems to depend on the juice, which makes some sense. Heavy, dark juices tend to gunk up the coil faster and they don't clean off as well. I have had coils last about a week, cleaned it, worked fine for another week. I've had one coil that lasted a week but after cleaning never did work right so it went in the potentially-rebuild-someday bin. The BVC coils are pretty new so I haven't run any of them for terribly long

Axxio

Sep 5, 2014
Bristol, UK
Thanks to all for your responses. I can't wait for my gear to arrive now.

DawgGoneIt, I am buying the Nautilus Mini with the BVC coils because of the countless recommendations I have received on this Forum to use it, and the rave reviews that it gets on YouTube. I am sorry that you are having issues, and hope that mine is okay when it arrives. Have you any idea why you might be having problems?

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Thanks to all for your responses. I can't wait for my gear to arrive now.

DawgGoneIt, I am buying the Nautilus Mini with the BVC coils because of the countless recommendations I have received on this Forum to use it, and the rave reviews that it gets on YouTube. I am sorry that you are having issues, and hope that mine is okay when it arrives. Have you any idea why you might be having problems?

To fix the dry burnt hits make sure it saturated to start. What I do is fill the tank let it sit for 20 min, take a few primer puffs "slow draw with no power. Then I turn my volts down low and slowly increase the volts till I find my sweet spot. With some of my thicker juices I do a couple of primer puffs off and on as I am using the tank.

JohnRingo

Aug 24, 2014
SE Michigan
Hi all,

I'm just about to buy an Aspire Nautilus MINI and Innokin iTaste MVP 2 (Due to many recommendations on this forum!). I want to get some spare heads to go with my Nautilus Mini, but they sell 1.6Ohm heads and 1.8 Ohm heads. Which ones should I go for, and why?

Thanks in advanced!
This is the same setup that I use, I found the 1.6 gives me a more saturated smoother hit. And the 1.8 seems "dryer"

But that's just me, [emoji88]

Axxio

Sep 5, 2014
Bristol, UK
This is the same setup that I use, I found the 1.6 gives me a more saturated smoother hit. And the 1.8 seems "dryer"

But that's just me, [emoji88]

Hi JohnRingo,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I bought the 1.8 Ohm spare coils, but I think I will try the 1.6s at some point to compare.

Thanks to everyone for the great advice in this thread. When my gear arrives I'll report back with thoughts and opinions :D :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread