Aspire Nautilus coil rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace2350

Apr 7, 2014
Mississippi
I have tried a few ways to rebuild the nautilus and none seem to work to well but I was tinkering last night and came up with an easy rebuild for the Nautilus.

I will try to explain and will get pictures up as soon as possible. (can't access photobucket from work computer)

1. Take the head apart and remove all the innards (coils, cotton packing, sleeve) so you have just a bare head with no packing.

2. The head has 4 small holes around the base, drill through one side and out the other with a 7/64 drill bit.

3. Wrap a coil, I used 30g wire 9 wraps around 7/64 drill bit, came out to 1.7ohm. Insert coil in head.

4. Use a cotton wick and thread it from the outside of the head (where you drilled hole), through the coil and out the other side of the head. Trim cotton and leave a little sticking out for wicking.

5. For the other 2 small holes that were not drilled out you will need to block those. I did this using the silicone top cap from a protank head and removed the center so that it would slide over the Nautilus head. Once you get it started on the head you will need to make notches in the silicone band so that your wick is exposed.

I found this to be a lot better other rebuild methods that I have seen and tried.

No dry hits or flooding and I have been chain vaping it from 10w - 15w.

ujuta2en.jpg

juqy9yte.jpg

avutysyg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread