Aspire Minican 3 Pro Pod Kit Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at a new Pod from Aspire, it's the Minican 3 Pro. In this Test, I'll examine each of the features that distinguish this product. I hope that at the end of this reading you can decide whether to invest in it. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• Minican 3 Pro, mini format with great performance
    • More consideration for your hand
    • Excitement in every puff
    • No hesitation, just inhale
    • 0.69" smart OLED display
    • Adjustable power
    • Durable and reliable
    • Durable battery
    • Great pocket size
    • Compatible with all Minican Pods
    • Compelling colors

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-2.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Packaging:
    Minican 3 pro is distributed in a simple white package which contains all the information regarding the content, warnings and specifications. On the front side you can see an image of the product together with an adhesive stamp which indicates the color inside.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-3.jpg

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-4.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Packing List:
    • 1x Minican 3 Pro mod
    • 1x Pod Minican 3 3ml
    • 1x Minican 0.8ohm coil
    • 1x USB Type C cable
    • 1x User Manual

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-5.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 100.5x28.2x15.7mm
    • Weight: 36 grams
    • Screen: 0.69 inch OLED
    • Battery: Integrated 900mAh
    • Capacity: 3ml
    • Coil: Replaceable 0.8Ω links
    • Double vape mode: automatic extraction + fire button
    • Output mode: Power, settable
    • Power range: 5-20W>
    • Type c with Charging current: 1A
    • Compatibility:Compatible with Minican series pods

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-6.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Available colours:
    • White
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Light blue
    • Lilac
    • Rosy red
    • Black
    • Orange
    • Dark green
    • Dark violet

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-7.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; First Impressions:
    Aspire with Minican 3 and Minican 3 Pro updates its line of inexpensive Pod devices, and does so by introducing two new versions. In the image below you can see Minican 3 in white and Minican 3 Pro in Azure Blue. Previously Aspire had churned out; Minican, Minican + (not featured in the image below), and Minican 2. The Minican 3 Pro device in this review has a simple look with a classic form factor for pods. Minican 3 Pro appears light, thin and slender. It has a double automatic operation dictated directly by the force applied during extraction and manual by pressing the Fire button, it also adopts a 0.69-inch monochrome display. For minican 3 Pro there are several aspects in common with Minican 3; here you can read my review of Minican 3: review

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-8.jpg

The Minican 3 Pro has a larger battery capacity than the Minican 3. The internal 900mAh battery is charged using the USB Type-C port at a charge rate of 1A. For a complete recharge of Minican 3 Pro it takes about 50 minutes. According to Aspire this fairly large (for a Pod) battery allows you to use the Minican 3 pro continuously for 48 hours before recharging. Of course, this data is purely advertising and does not take into account the frequency of use.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-9.jpg

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-10.jpg

As I said earlier I received the Azure Blue color version of the Minican 3 Pro for this test, the other color variants available, are simple and eye catching! Surely Minican 3 Pro is able to satisfy any taste in terms of colors. Despite a very limited weight of only 36g, the Minican 3 Pro appears solid and well balanced in the hand. The frame is made of plastic with rounded edges, the surface finish appears almost rubberized, really pleasant to the touch.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-11.jpg

Minican 3 Pro feeds the coil through two small opposing holes that have small dimensions to enhance the MTL type vape. The 0.69" OLED screen shows all the necessary data such as; set power, resistive value, number of puffs and battery charge level. Through the Fire button it is possible to turn on/off the device, manually vape, vary the power from 5 to 20W and observe all the data necessary for vaping

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-12.jpg

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-13.jpg

The compartment / pod has two magnets inside to hold the cartridge, these magnets have a good attraction force and coincide with those on the cartridge. The contact pins are spring loaded and located centrally on the bottom of the compartment.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-14.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Cartridges:
    As for Minican 3, also for Minican 3 Pro one of the peculiar characteristics is the possibility of being able to buy the empty cartridge and replace the coil instead of buying the complete cartridge. At the moment a single 0.8Ω spare resistance is available, however the device is compatible with all disposable pods of the other Minican versions with integrated 0.8Ω, 1Ω and 1.2Ω resistances.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-15.jpg

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-16.jpg

In the images below you can see the tank rubber on the bottom which can be lifted to allow the introduction of eliquid (up to 3ml). You can also see the new Minican 3 cartridge with replaceable coil, just pull to extract the coil with its base, and just push to insert the new coil. You can also use the Minican 3 replaceable coil cartridge on the Minican 3 Pro to make this device economically superior to any other disposable.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-17.jpg

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-18.jpg

► Aspire Minican 3 Pro; Final conclusions:
    Discreet and light Minican 3 pro is certainly the ideal companion for both beginners and expert vapers. Minican 3 Pro is well made with durable materials for long time use. The paint with anti-fingerprint technology is smooth, almost rubbery, with excellent tactile feedback. There is no loss of thrust even when the battery is almost empty. The ASP chipset with its multiple protections makes Minican 3 Pro safe and reliable. The automatic Puff works perfectly and is very sensitive to every solicitation. On Minican 3 Pro you can decide to use the Fire button for activation or to adjust the power from 5 to 20W in an intuitive and simple way for anyone.

The Aspire Minican 3 Pro Kit is compatible with Minican Pod, Minican 2, Minican+ Pod and Minican 3 cartridges. I recommend using all the cartridges available to appreciate the different shades of airiness and flavor they offer. Having all the cartridges of the Minican series available, I made a brief comparison between them.

• Original Minican 1.2Ω Mesh Pod:
    This 1.2Ω Mesh Coil is very responsive, it emits a lot of thick and hot vapor when vaping, I am surprised by this power. The Puff is a restricted MTL type with a very balanced Hit. Before recharging the battery, about a complete tank is made, consumption is very low and even a single ml of liquid lasts a long time.

• Minican 2 1.0Ω Mesh Pod:
    Like the previous one, this Mesh Coil is also very ready for any solicitation by activating immediately, the Puff is of the rather airy MTL type with a nice hit in the throat. The aromatic yield of this 1.0Ω coil makes me prefer it to the previous one. Considering the massive production of dense and hot vapor it really feels like using a nautilus which has always been one of the best devices for MTL vaping.

• Minican 3 Pro 0.8Ω Mesh Pod:
    Very quick to activate with a well-balanced MTL puff, it offers a truly satisfying hit in the throat, the aromatic yield is substantial at the level of the best disposable cartridges. The clouds that can be produced are generous.

• 0.8Ω Mesh Coil for Minican 3 empty cartridge:
    The new cartridge with replaceable coils contains up to 3ml of liquid, and like the previous ones it does not leak or regurgitate liquid and I consider this really important, furthermore through the dark colored PCTG cartridge it is easy to see how much liquid is left inside. The replaceable 0.8Ω mesh coil for now is the only available option and adds quality and savings over the previous disposable type cartridges. With a power setting of at least 13W one can really speak of a good performance approaching the nautilus which is the benchmark for MTL vaporizers.

► Pros:
    • Super value price of $22.14
    • Device compatible with all Minican pods
    • Cartridge with replaceable coil
    • Pleasant and smooth to the touch.
    • Strong magnets
    • Coil to Mesh with Top flavor
    • Double manual and automatic activation
    • MTL shooting
    • Filling from the bottom with watertight seal
    • Optimum liquid level visibility
    • Aspire's proprietary ASP chipset

► Tips:
    • I would have preferred to get a spare cartridge included in the Kit.

I would like to thank Aspire for providing me Minican 3 Pro for review.

• Thanks for reading.

Aspire-Minican-3-Pro-Pod-Kit-19.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Nice review, good sized internal battery for this. With no airflow control how is the draw?
    Thanks Bob, the air control is fixed and well calibrated for MTL, the airflow is more or less restricted and depends on the type of coil that will be inserted.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Users who are viewing this thread