Aspire CF Sub-Ohm Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems all everyone is talking about is the Aspire Atlantis with the sub ohm coils, but nobody is mentioning the CF Sub-Ohm mod that can be paired with it. It seems this mod functions like a mech, with a 40A 2200mAh battery that fires at 4.2 volts and has short protection. Although the website says it only fires down to 0.3 ohms, I tried it at a store today with a CLTv2 at 0.25 ohms and it fired and it hit just as hard as my copper mech. The guy at the store says he's fired it down to 0.22 ohms. Has anyone actually tried this thing out? If this thing can fire at a constant 4.2 volts without voltage drop or battery sag and with short protection it could be a very reasonably priced alternative for anyone looking to get a mech mod.

Last edited:

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm quite interested in this as well. Can you confirm that it is in fact regulated? The Aspire website does not specify directly.

Also, it clocks in at a whopping 114.5mm overall, making it a full 14.5mm (~9/16") taller than my longest mech (the Overdose). For comparison, a Stingray X is 85mm with the standard 510 top cap.

IMO, Aspire missed the boat with this one - they should have built it to work in hybrid mode with the Atlantis to lower the overall length. That would have given them a real world class combo.

According to Grimm Green, it's 4.2V continuous throughout the life of the battery. Yes, it's long for a mech, but it's not outrageously long. My High Valley Cu Copper mech is ~110mm although it has a heat sink in the top cap and a recessed button. The carbon fiber tube in the CF feels very light in the hand. I don't know the minimum resistance it fires down to, but even if it only goes down to 0.2 ohms, that's 88.2 watts at 4.2V!

A hybrid connection would have been nice to have, but IMO Aspire is aiming this thing for a wider audience, so the spring loaded 510 works very well and fits the most devices. The main advantage of having a hybrid connection is the lower voltage drop, but since that isn't an issue with this device, it makes it unnecessary.

Last edited:

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
According to Grimm Green, it's 4.2V continuous throughout the life of the battery. Yes, it's long for a mech, but it's not outrageously long. My High Valley Cu Copper mech is ~110mm although it has a heat sink in the top cap and a recessed button. The carbon fiber tube in the CF feels very light in the hand. I don't know the minimum resistance it fires down to, but even if it only goes down to 0.2 ohms, that's 88.2 watts at 4.2V!

A hybrid connection would have been to have, but IMO Aspire is aiming this thing for a wider audience, so the spring loaded 510 works very well and fits the most devices. The main advantage of having a hybrid connection is the lower voltage drop, but since that isn't an issue with this device, it makes it unnecessary.

Great news, thanks for replying! I was only considering hybrid for streamlined looks and a lower profile, similar to how the Lemo hybrids onto the Evic.

Last edited:

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
I just bought another mech mod and I am regretting it a bit cause I forgot about Aspire CF Mod, Sub Ohm....
It looks like a mech mod but have the safety features and I can use my VTC 4... the only thing I don't know is if it will fire as hard as my mod. But stanthemanchan stated that it will hit as hard... which I think made it very compelling...

Authentic at Fast tech is only $26... Even my clone mech mod was $50-$70... Really interested with this one or a Cloupor Mini 30W....

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hi--I am vaping a CF mod and have a stillaire clone with dual coils at .21 ohms and powered by a Sony

ftc4 18650 battery and this set up is working great.

I don't do the voltage drop testing thing but have great flavor and lots of Vapor--can't see the Wife from

here and she is 3 feet away in bark lounger.

I would suggest this all purpose mod to anybody--feels great in the hand and paid 39.00 plus tax.

newmod.jpg

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Hi--I am vaping a CF mod and have a stillaire clone with dual coils at .21 ohms and powered by a Sony

ftc4 18650 battery and this set up is working great.

I don't do the voltage drop testing thing but have great flavor and lots of Vapor--can't see the Wife from

here and she is 3 feet away in bark lounger.

I would suggest this all purpose mod to anybody--feels great in the hand and paid 39.00 plus tax.

View attachment 399277

Nice... I've been thinking a while that there should be a mech mod with safety feature... And I've been passing this by numerous time without realizing that it is mech with safety feature until last week... Sigh!!

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
I got the sub ohm battery to see if getting into dripping would be for me and yes it is. The voltage does drop on the sub ohm while you use it which is expected.
I run the battery down in 6 hours easily, I do like it so much tho that I am going to buy the cf sub mod and 2 18650 batteries so i always have one chaarged.

I like the on and off with 5 button clicks, i like the button on the side instead of the bottom like a regular mech mod. The design is really cool looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread