Asmodus is no longer warranting to P4Y including tempcontrol devices. IPV line is not covered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
UPDATE: P4Y HAS NOW USING KMG IMPORT AND VAPRO SUPPLY TO FULFILL
WARRANTIES

For anyone buying a ipv with temperature control, you will no longer be covered under warranty as promised. Asmodus has defaulted on there contract, according to them due to an overload of bad devices and little manufacturer support. So far, P4Y has not commented on what to do now with your broken devices.

Announcement:
Pioneer4You
IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE READ

To our valued customers and partners,

It is with deep regret that we here at asMODus will no longer be offering warranty services for all versions of Pioneer4You products as of JUNE 30th 2015.

Although we were contracted by Pioneer4You to provide warranty service throughout the US, we were doing it with no financial restitution. We were happy to repair devices for the vape community free of charge as long as Pioneer 4 You provided us with the units necessary to do so. As the amount of broken devices began to rise and more requests for repairs came in, we were not provided with the same correlatively needed increase in the amount of parts, tools, and units necessary for repairs and replacements. This insufficiency in supplies has caused great delays in us being able to resolve issues in an accepted amount of time.

Here at Asmodus, we pride ourselves in maintaining exceptional relations with the retail shops along with all the consumers. However, we feel that this situation in shortage of stock which therefore caused delays has hindered at that relationship in which we hold highly.

Since this announcement has been sudden, we will honor warranty requests for Pioneer4You products sent in with a postmark on or before June 30th. After this date, we will not accept Pioneer4You products; anything received after this date will be promptly returned to sender.

We hope that this change in our services does not greatly inconvenience you. We are incredibly thankful for your continued patience and support. We look forward to continue serving you and the entire vape community for many more years to come.

• The updated list of warranty items is as follows:
  • IPV Mini OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV Mini 2 OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV 2 OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV2S OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV2X
  • IPV3 OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV4 OUT OF STOCK
  • IPV3 Li NO UNITS AVAILABLE
Our current in stock of replacements will be discontinued on JUNE 30th. After JUNE 30th will NO LONGER OFFER WARRANTY SERVICES FOR PIONEER4YOU ITEMS.

All warranty issues regarding items no longer in stock, or ANY items after June 30th, should be directed towards the customer service department at http://pioneer4you.com

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please make sure you include 3 forms of documents along with your unit or we will not be able to process you order

(1) copy of your purchase receipt
(2)The merchandise return form: Click here IF INFORMATION IS NOT FILLED OUT ACCURATELY AND LEGIBLY WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU .
(3)The receipt of your $8 payment for shipping and handling fee's going back to you after we work on it

Our mailing address is:

ASMODUS
15962 Downey Ave.
Paramount, CA. 90723

IF INFORMATION IS NOT FILLED OUT ACCURATELY AND LEGIBLY WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOU.

ATTENTION IPV 3 OWNERS:

When using the Pioneer4You issued IPV 3 Charger, the batteries MUST have the same level of charge, be the same brand, and should usually be batteries that were purchased together WITHOUT prior use and charged together. Failing to follow these steps could result in serious damage to your mod and could cause serious personal injury! ASMODUS and Pioneer4You are not responsible for any damages or injuries that result in misuse of the charger or the unit!

ATTENTION IPV MINI AND IPV 2 OWNERS:

Pioneer4you products are covered by a limited warranty that assures the original owner against manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials; please see each product individually to view the length of coverage. This warranty is active from the date of purchase by the initial purchaser with original receipt for a total period of one year. If this product shall ever fail, due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product, without charge, the product will be replaced if the device cannot be repaired

Not covered in the warranty: This warranty does not cover the atomizer, batteries, charger, tips or any other accessories, only the device are covered by the warranty. The warranty does not cover improper or unreasonable use, including but not limited to: failure to follow operating instructions; water damage, unauthorized modification or customization of original device, loss of or damage to the device or its internal components. Damage from stripping of the threads is not covered, and damage to the finish is not covered in the warranty.

After the expiration of the one year warranty, the cost of repairs will depend on the extent of damage to the device. Which means the cost of repair, replacements parts, and shipping is your responsibility. Nothing is covered by the warranty after the limited warranty has expired. To process warranty claims we will need a copy of the original receipt with the purchase date and the device to be shipped together.

The cost of shipping the device to and from our warranty center is at the expense of the customer. It is recommended to use a shipping service such as Priority Mail or UPS that includes a tracking number to ensure the package does not get lost.

You will need to include a copy of your original receipt / packing slip with the merchandise return form! If you do not have your asMODus warranty card that was included in your package we CAN NOT accept the return.

As mentioned in paragraphs 3 and 4, shipping is NOT COVERED by our warranty center. By using our repair and replacement services, the BUYER AGREES TO PAY the $8 administration fee for the reports and paperwork filed to send your defective mod back to Pioneer4You. We DO NOT manufacture this product; we offer this warranty service as a courtesy to the US vaping community so they are not required to send their mods to China for assistance. We are not paid by Pioneer4You for our services or time.

To expedite your replacement process, we are now requiring customers to pre-pay for the warranty services. You can click on the below link to pay the $8 admin fee before sending in your defective mod. Included with your paid administration fee of $8 is free shipping and handling of your warrantied product's return to you. (Applicable to US residents only. Additional charges for international shipping may apply). PLEASE NOTE: If the damages prove to be USER FAULT, additional charges may apply before your product can be sent back to you. An ASMODUS representative will contact you if that is the case. After pre-paying for the warranty services, please provide us your transaction ID on a piece of paper (or a printed receipt of the transaction) with your mod when you send it in. Without this, we will not be able to verify payment and will return your mod to you.

The Asmodus Warranty Center does not sell replacement parts for any of the products covered by our warranty or any other mods sold by Pioneer4You still in circulation. If you are in need of repairs for an item no longer listed on our warranty page, please go to this webpage www.Pioneer4You.com and contact Pioneer4You directly.

Last edited:

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Kmg seems like some fly by night operation. How long before P4Y screws them over as well? P4Y is a shady company that everyone should avoid if at all possible.
What exactly brings you to that conclusion? How do you know exactly why they cut off Asmodus, from what I've heard, Asmodus is a horrible warranty center that did anything they could to get out of fulfilling there obligation, and knowing lied to the public saying they did the warranties for free. There is no way that they were not being paid and insured to become the only authorized repair center, yet they still claim they are. They obviously weren't qualified to handle P4U's size contract and that is likely why it ended, and why there are now two centers. What makes u think Asmodus's account on there website is true, after all the sketchy things they have done. They have screened tons of people out of warranty claims. P4Y is not a horrible company, They create affordable, and general safe Yihi chipped mods for the mass, and there part of the Greenleaf-Sigelei-PY4-Yihi group which are all the partnered company, most likely owned by Yihi. Without this collab, there would be no quality chinese chips leading the industry.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
What exactly brings you to that conclusion? How do you know exactly why they cut off Asmodus, from what I've heard, Asmodus is a horrible warranty center that did anything they could to get out of fulfilling there obligation, and knowing lied to the public saying they did the warranties for free. What makes u think Asmodus's account on there website is true, after all the sketchy things they have done. They have screened tons of people out of warranty claims. P4Y is not a horrible company, They create affordable, and general safe Yihi chipped mods for the mass, and there part of the Greenleaf-Sigelei-PY4-Yihi group which are all the partnered company, most likely owned by Yihi. Without this collab, there would be no quality chinese chips leading the industry.
From what I've heard, Asmodus wasn't supplied enough stock to fulfill replacement for their schit devices. It's been known that Sigelei does the same with some of their less popular items. Many retailers are dropping P4Y as well.

Pioneer4You

Gotta add that Asmodus replaced my snow wolf, no questions asked. They replace stuff, if they get replacements.

Last edited:

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
P4y are a decent company but are very slow in dealing with issues and communication can be appalling but asmodus were not setup to deal with such a big contract and never handled it very well to the point p4y were going to replace them. Whatever until p4y has other warranty arrangements in place it's only common sense for consumers to look elsewhere, so hopefully they will get this sorted out quickly.

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
From what I've heard, Asmodus wasn't supplied enough stock to fulfill replacement for their schit devices. It's been known that Sigelei does the same with some of their less popular items. Many retailers are dropping P4Y as well.

Pioneer4You

Gotta add that Asmodus replaced my snow wolf, no questions asked. They replace stuff, if they get replacements.
P4Y's contract is massive compared to replacing the snowwolf. The only person saying P4Y did not supply them with sufficient replacement parts is Asmodus themselves. Asmodus also mentioned in the same post that they do this for free to support the vaping community and its too much effort, which makes absolutely no sense. P4Y would not start an exclusive warranty center and ship them tens of thousands of dollars in replacement units and parts to any company that wanted to do it for free. They must have some sort of financial agreement and shipping agreement. Running a warranty center for one of the largest manufacturers of mods costs a lot of money to setup and supply. Since asmodus still sticks to that lie to defend not operating professionally, and since I know many people who have had nothing but trouble from them, I have no reason to believe anything they are saying. If you look into old IPV(2,3,S series, mini, and more) threads you will find hundreds of issues, ranging from additional unspecified fees to refusal to repair or accept shipment to units being returned broken. This seems like they couldn't handle the contract and blamed the vaping community by passing the blame saying they work for free since the beginning. Most likely P4U ended this.

Also, there is no evidence of vendors dropping P4U, if anything there getting easier and easier to find. P4U on the other hand, does tend to drop retailers if they violate IMAP pricing they sent. I know of at least 4 vendors dropped for underselling IPV units, which they are given warning before so. They are also distributed nationally by dozens of distro's, and you can find them in about 50-60 % of vape shops. US National distros have also increased greatly.

Considering the warranty cards still say asmodus, its safe to say asmodus breached there contract. Here is the first paragraph of why they are BREACHING THEIR CONTRACT
Although we were contracted by Pioneer4You to provide warranty service throughout the US, we were doing it with no financial restitution. We were happy to repair devices for the vape community free of charge as long as Pioneer 4 You provided us with the units necessary to do so. As the amount of broken devices began to rise and more requests for repairs came in, we were not provided with the same correlatively needed increase in the amount of parts, tools, and units necessary for repairs and replacements. This insufficiency in supplies has caused great delays in us being able to resolve issues in an accepted amount of time.

Last edited:

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
Also, Here is a link to the new warranty card direct from P4U if you are in need of a replacement

USA Service Center_USA Service_IPV Electronic Cigarette -

You should be able to bring it
pioneer4you-iPV-warranty-card.png

pioneer4you-iPV-warranty-card2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nibiru2012

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I've had/have 3 P4Y products. 1 ipv2s-currently waiting on me to rewire the 510 connector. 1 ipv4 silver that had horrible 510 threads which the vendor would not even return emails or calls about. Thanks to some great advice on here, I put a heat sink on and salvaged it...now performing well. And an ipv4 black that has had no issues to date, but has a heat sink on it, just in case.

Now that vaping as become my lifestyle choice, the next mod will be a higher end.

I've never had to deal with Asmodus as the ipv2s issue was after the warranty had had expired (of course) As for the silver ipv4, if the heat sink fix makes it last for a year or so, then good. Personally, it beat the heck out of jumping through the Asmodus hoops.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I've had/have 3 P4Y products. 1 ipv2s-currently waiting on me to rewire the 510 connector. 1 ipv4 silver that had horrible 510 threads which the vendor would not even return emails or calls about. Thanks to some great advice on here, I put a heat sink on and salvaged it...now performing well. And an ipv4 black that has had no issues to date, but has a heat sink on it, just in case.

Now that vaping as become my lifestyle choice, the next mod will be a higher end.

I've never had to deal with Asmodus as the ipv2s issue was after the warranty had had expired (of course) As for the silver ipv4, if the heat sink fix makes it last for a year or so, then good. Personally, it beat the heck out of jumping through the Asmodus hoops.
Heatsink? Im curious. tell me more.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Heatsink? Im curious. tell me more.
I use them on all my mods to protect threading. Have gotten mine from fasttech. Go to the fastech sight and search "510 heat sink". They have worked great for me. Most have an adjustable pin on bottom and inside the top. The top one tends to screw in easy when tank is tightened down, so I usually cut a small piece of rubber band, poke a hole in center for the screw, and thread screw back in. Helps keep the screw at the setting where you adjust it too.

HD

Reactions: sando7

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
This is old news , new warranty partner shown at end of thread.

Asmodus will no longer provide warranty repair for P4U | E-Cigarette Forum
There's actually two new warranty centers, shown in the update at the top of the thread. Considering that not in that thread, and that threads only 10 days or so old, i wouldn't consider this "old" news. Its also in a complete different section.

UPDATE: P4Y HAS NOW USING KMG IMPORT AND VAPRO SUPPLY TO FULFILL
WARRANTIES
This is direct from P4Y

vaperXant

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Mexico
According to the new warranty terms the customer is required to pay shipping both ways, even with a new device failure. This doesn't fill me with confidence in P4Y's products TBH.
It was the same way with asmodus, there's a lot of warranty centers that do that as well. You can ship both ways for about 8-10$ which is better then having mod with no warranty break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread