Asking for Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Ardent, I've been following this thread and have been sending out prayers for you, Dan and your family. I really appreciated the update too. I was happy to hear that there is a solution to the problem. Even though it is a drastic measure to have to take, at least there is treatment availale. Thank God for all the advancements in medical technology. Please take care of yourself too Sweetie and know that we are all thinking of you. If you need anything, you know we are here for you.

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Ok everyone. I am at the hospital and the last few days have been aweful. The bacteria that Dan was infected with has damaged his heart terribly. He will have to have heart reconstructive surgery - Wed or Thurs. of this week. 2 valves and they must close up the hole eaten through his heart. Yes - the bacteria ate a hole through his heart. A couple of days ago, the Docs gave him a 50 50 chance of survival. Today - just 15 min ago, the docs upgraded him to 70 to 80 % FIGGIN YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the odds are still not great but after all the "Wholy CRAP" moments the last 2 weeks, this news a HUGE positive in a sea of negative.

Here's one of the "Wholy Crap" moments ---- This bacteria got in his system from a pimple on his ear/neck. Yes I typed that right. He had a pimple on the back of his ear/neck and when he tryed to pop it, the core went in instead of out. The infection of the pimple then entered his bloodstream and attacked his heart.

Be careful everyone. I had no clue a pimple could kill someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread