Status
Not open for further replies.

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this article:

Electronic cigarettes 'help nine out of ten smokers quit tobacco completely' | Metro News

It was published in the Metro newspaper yesterday, 12 April 2013. For those of you who may not be familiar with the Metro, it is a free tabloid newspaper which is distributed on public transport services in various parts of the UK. It has a particularly large readership here in London.

The main reason that it caught my attention was that after a slew of negative and inflammatory articles about e-smoking in the British media, this one is actually, on the whole, quite positive. Granted, it's not particularly well-written or researched - the Metro is known for its bit-size (and, for the most part, non-political) articles which are designed to be read on the morning commute.

I didn't actually pick up a copy of the Metro on my way to work yesterday, and, when I got to my building, there was a group of 5-6 guys standing outside the main entrance puffing away on disposable E-Lites they'd obviously just bought from one of the kiosks in the Wharf. Good for them! Their sudden interest seemed a bit strange, but, when Mrs jSquared sent me a text about the article later that morning, it all made sense!

JJ

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
This article has prompted lots of discussion on other forums.

I can only express my disappointment that people are making move to the nearest E-Lites vendor, as these are the most expensive product on the market in the UK and people actually believe they are buying 40 cigarettes-worth for their £3.99 cartomiser.

When the UK government works out how to tax e-cigarettes (if they aren't effectively banned over 4mg/ml) then I think the vaping community that doesn't use look-a-like e-cigarettes will wish these "claims" never existed. I don't want to pay the same tax as 40 cigarettes. Why should I? these cartomisers DO NOT contain 40 cigarettes-worth of nicotine....not unless you smoke the lightest cigarette available.

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread