Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
Here's a pretty interesting NYT article discussing the grass roots effort of vapers in Europe. I'm fascinated by how incredulous some are that vapers are fighting back. Incredulous to the point that our sincerity is doubted. You tell us for decades how bad cigarettes are and how worthless we are if we can't quit. You tell us that we can quit or die, then when we find something that helps you want to take it away based on nothing but fear and baseless speculation.

Anyway, the article has some good points about why pharma is fighting ecigs so hard, but the implication that the only reason vapers were spurred into a frenzy is because industry told them to be is insulting. Vapers are very passionate and very angry, and there are very good reasons for us to be.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/10/w...oos-and-wins-europe.html?hpw&rref=health&_r=0

Last edited:

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
If and when the FDA releases the DEMON regulations, I sure hope we can have the same loud voice. A lot of vapers here are so low key about activism. Maybe things will change if they finally see the writing on the wall.

I'm afraid the damage will already be done by then. There are people out there fighting for all of us right this minute while most won't even take 30 seconds out of their day to follow the daily action plan.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I'm afraid the damage will already be done by then. There are people out there fighting for all of us right this minute while most won't even take 30 seconds out of their day to follow the daily action plan.
I agree. I'm holding out hope though. Not sure many heard about this yet, but, I think the start of the American vaping Association, may help us. I hope that really makes a big impact. They will be hiring a P.R firm. This will combat negative publicity and hopefully help change public opinion. Vapers are not responsive on their own as of yet. It IS definitely about time vendors pony up some dough and fight fire with fire. I am extremely disappointed that the action alert posted at the top of every page doesn't have at least 1000 responses by now!

Tvan

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
NY
I agree. I'm holding out hope though. Not sure many heard about this yet, but, I think the start of the American vaping Association, may help us. I hope that really makes a big impact. They will be hiring a P.R firm. This will combat negative publicity and hopefully help change public opinion. Vapers are not responsive on their own as of yet. It IS definitely about time vendors pony up some dough and fight fire with fire. I am extremely disappointed that the action alert posted at the top of every page doesn't have at least 1000 responses by now!

I was listening when Kevin announced his intentions last month. Having someone take the bull by the horns like that is amazing! I will definatly be tuning in tonight.

I'm not pleased with the lack of response with the call to action either. I sent my emails and made phone calls. The ONLY thing that will make a difference is numbers.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I'm irritated with myself. When I posted the link to this story, I didn't see a way to comment. I just saw that someone else posted the same link, but I was able to read comments. Now comments are closed and I didn't get to put one on. For some reason, this seems to happen to me with NYT stories. Maybe it's something to do with my ipad?

Anyway, I'm glad there were so many comments even if I didn't get a chance to post mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread