Ares Finale 2ml/4.5mm

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
Hi guys,
Does anyone know if the difference between the Ares Finale 2ml version and the 4.5ml version is just the glass, and the 2ml can be upgraded to the 4.5ml just by getting the 4.5ml glass, or is it a different chimney as well?
Being in the UK, I've had to get the 2ml version from a local supplier but I have no tolerance for this TDP crap and having to top up my liquid all the time.
Is it as easy as swapping out the glass with a bigger one?
Thanks

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    For future reference, Chinese vendors will ship regular capacity tanks/pods to anyone regardless of whether destination country is a TPD country. They merely pick, pack and ship whatever.
    Downside is in-transit times will be 2-4 weeks when buying from China, but that's a small nuisance to get the extra capacity.

Centauri

Dec 19, 2023
    For future reference, Chinese vendors will ship regular capacity tanks/pods to anyone regardless of whether destination country is a TPD country. They merely pick, pack and ship whatever.
    Downside is in-transit times will be 2-4 weeks when buying from China, but that's a small nuisance to get the extra capacity.
    Good to know!. Thank you!
    I found a UK vendor who sends non-TDP devices out too. My first order from them was a tank with a sticker on the box that said "only to be sold on US market" lol. I've made a few orders and always got non-TDP things but unfortunately they didn't have this tank that I wanted this time.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

JaxonWalsh

Moved On
    Mar 13, 2024
    • Deleted by Misty

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The question about the difference between Ares Finale 2ml and 4.5ml is quite common. The difference is not only in the volume of glass. To increase the volume to 4.5 ml, in addition to replacing the glass, it is also necessary to replace the chimney. This is due to the design of the device and its ability to hold a larger volume of liquid. Therefore, if you want to increase the capacity, you need to make sure that in addition to the glass, you also replace the chimney.
    ty5CjTJ.png

Reactions: smacuser

Users who are viewing this thread