Are you stockpiling / hoarding due to fear of the upcoming FDA announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The FDA has already stated their intent to come out with "deeming regulations" to apply Chapter IX of the FSPTCA to electronic cigarettes in October of this year. Those "deeming regulations" will offer their proposal for how they intend to regulate electronic cigarettes as a tobacco product. Whatever this Federal Register is, and whatever it has to do with this topic, if it isn't showing what I'm talking about then it isn't accurate. Well, either that or "deeming regulations" aren't a part of what it reports.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The FDA has already stated their intent to come out with "deeming regulations" to apply Chapter IX of the FSPTCA to electronic cigarettes in October of this year. Those "deeming regulations" will offer their proposal for how they intend to regulate electronic cigarettes as a tobacco product. Whatever this Federal Register is, and whatever it has to do with this topic, if it isn't showing what I'm talking about then it isn't accurate. Well, either that or "deeming regulations" aren't a part of what it reports.

Listen to what Steve is saying. He's absolutely correct. Before any federal agency can take any significant action (including issuance of new regulations), a notice must be posted in the Federal Register and the public must be given the opportunity to comment before the regulations are adopted or the action takes place.

There has been nothing but crickets from FDA on this matter.

That's one of the reasons why I think nothing happens in October. Congress is silent and FDA has done nothing official.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Good. One can always hope for common sense creeping into bureaucracy once in a while.

However, DC2 has a point also. They DID say they intend deeming regulation. So these "facts" ....no notice yet, but intent announcement, are a bit mutually contradictory.

I'm still stocking up. The OP's logic is sound. Can't hurt.

Retired1....IDK what that means. Maybe someone can interpret. It seems to be from HHS/FDA... so is that it?

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

Retired1....IDK what that means. Maybe someone can interpret. It seems to be from HHS/FDA... so is that it?

Translation: "We're thinking about it."

That's a required semi-annual issuance. It's been published every six months with virtually the same language since April 2012. Before deeming regulations can go into place, the actual language of the regulatory action has to be published.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What the hell good is a comment period if there's no details to comment upon?

Sigh.

Maybe they will provide more info, and THEN the comment period starts in October. Otherwise, we're just guessing (again).

EDIT: Thx IB

Upon further review, that's actually been published semi-annually since December 2010. So they've been "thinking about it" for more than 2-1/2 years.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
This has been going on for a few years now, the last time they were "supposed" to issue their deeming regulations was this past April. They obviously didn't. It's now put off until October. I think they are just taking as much time as they can to figure out what to do about e cigs. I'm sure things are going on behind closed doors. I am not paranoid, but I don't believe they are just going to leave vapers alone.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Are you stockpiling / hoarding due to fear of the upcoming FDA announcement?

When the CE2 was phased out for "Better" Clearos, I bought a couple Hundred of them. And all my VVPV use Rechargeable Batteries. So hardware wise I'm Good to Go for a LONG Time.

As to e-Liquids. No, I'm Not Stocking up on Nicotine Base. I'm Moving to using 0mg 100% of the Time. It was my Goal when I Switched anyway.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I didn't see any proposals or actions listed for the rest of this year, which is why I asked. Nothing goes on in any federal agency without it being listed in the Federal Register.

I'm not sure of this but I think it doesn't go into the Federal Register until a date is set. No definite date for the upcoming FDA "deeming".

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, I do know that CASAA is meeting with the FDA in late August.
Hopefully we'll get a better idea of where things stand after that meeting.

It sure would be Nice to Know what direction things are Headed.

My Dad used to say that even Bad News is Better than No News sometimes. I'd hate to be someone who depends on e-Liquid Sales right now. The Not Knowing must be a &$@*^.

Last edited:

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Nope. I started at 18mg two months ago and am down to 6mg, though I'm vaping quite a bit more. I'm hoping to be on 0mg in another month or two and then quitting completely. For me, vaping was meant as a means to end and not a lifestyle change. I've wanted to quit for a long time and tried various methods and this is the only one so far that has had any lasting effect.

That said, I hope this goes no where. Vaping is a much safer alternative to smoking. The more expensive they make it the more people will continue to smoke, which is exactly what big tobacco and the pharms want. Big govt for the most part as well due to the taxes they make.

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
You should see my closet NICnurse, I have like 30 bottles of shampoo and conditioner, over 200 razors I'd say. All for free. My wife is an extreme couponer. Just tonight I got 15 small shaving cream, with 15 dollars of overage. So technically the store payed me 15 dollars to take the shaving cream home lol.

Woah! I'm a guy, so I don't really pay attentions to coupons. I remember my mother and grandmother going through the Sunday newspaper for 'em when I was little, and using them at the grocery store often....

With the way things are these days, I should become a coupon um.... King? haha.....

Free shampoo? sign me up!

Regulations are always dropped in our laps because people don't use common sense. I would not be surprised if Ecigs get banned indoors, like in bars and restaurants. I don't think something like an eroll would bother too many at the bar but that guy blowing sub ohm mech clouds at the bar because "it's not illegal" will ruin bar vaping for the rest of us because he's not using common sense. I also think that it should be common sense even if your 18 to not vape on campus at your high school but kids will do and have done it anyway thus causing out tax dollars to be used for committees to be formed to figure out the verbiage they want to use to write a new law or regulation. 18 year old students at Mission Viejo High School were vaping at school so now there are rules against it....silly.

I'm hopeful that some common sense regulations will come from this but not holding my breath. I would like to be able to keep buying concentrated nic online, but I do understand that minors can get it that way too and that is why analogs can't be sold online anymore. I wouldn't be too upset if we can't vape inside restaurants, bars and movie theaters even though I enjoy it.

All I know if even if I have to go 0 nic and make my own juice I will keep vaping. I've had too many years blowin something out of my face to give it up. I really think I'm more addicted to the ritual than the nic at this point as I'm doing find at 6mg, vaping my brains out at 6 though so I may be fibbing to myself a little. I still have a lot of friends who smoke analogs and they smell nasty but I'm happy to vape while they smoke, feels like nothing really changed, if I were to not vape at all that would be very very difficult to do.

It's funny the more this thread goes the more I feel like I may want to stockpile some nic hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread