Are you ready for a 100 watt mod?...Of course you are! (Gi2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
This sort of thing might be fun for a serious multi coil set up... I could envision a tank that looks like it belongs on this behemoth, has 8-10 coils in it, and looks like a fishbowl for a beta. It would also have a hookah hose for it, and instead of using a button, it should be able to be engaged by a foot pedal.

That might be fun for a kicking back in a recliner, but other than that... I just can't see any real use for it.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
100 watts isn't that far fetched really. Saw Rip Trippers video and LMAO......and then thought about a build I put in an Igo-W using twisted 28ga wire. On a mech with a fully charged battery, it ran at 60 watts.

A slightly lower resistance with a slightly higher voltage. BAM! 100 watts.

I'd love to have one of those things. Just a little outside the scope of my vape budget.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
100W is OK maybe for Beginners.

But I use a 120 volt 1,500 watt VV Passthru Dripper.

You just Pour 30 or 40ml of you Favorite e-Liquid onto the Burner and then Cover it with a Patent Pending Flexible Drip Tip and away you go.

614JkYMzO0S._SX522_.jpg

1,500 Watt VV Passthru.

633605608_008.jpg

Patent Pending Flexible Drip Tip.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Man, that's just stupid. And while the government is legislating that, they should pass laws that limit cars to 75 horsepower, motorcycles to 40 horsepower, home stereos to no more than 20 watts per channel, and completely outlaw ALL subwoofers, because all that stuff isn't needed by ANYONE.

/sarcasm

Seriously, if someone is interested in pursuing a hobby to its extremes, what's wrong with that? I say go for it!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can you make the drip tip in derlin? I've never liked the heat of a metal drip tip.

Early Testing with Derlin Didn't go to well.

We lost a couple of Testers when the Big End of the Funnel touched the Burner. Causing a Toxic Plume of Hydrocarbon to Form.

I'm think a Derlin Sleeve on the Flexible End might be the Way to Go.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Man, that's just stupid. And while the government is legislating that, they should pass laws that limit cars to 75 horsepower, motorcycles to 40 horsepower, home stereos to no more than 20 watts per channel, and completely outlaw ALL subwoofers, because all that stuff isn't needed by ANYONE.

/sarcasm

Seriously, if someone is interested in pursuing a hobby to its extremes, what's wrong with that? I say go for it!

When something is new and not understood is when acceptance by others is most difficult. People thought the first cars and motorcycles were ridiculous, dangerous and unnecessary. But eventually they saw the usefulness and necessity of them. If the very first cars were the high-powered models that of today that have taken a 100 years to evolve it is likely that acceptance would have taken much longer if it happened at all. If we want to get to the point when we do not have to fight for our ability to use PV's we need to work towards acceptance. Something like a 100W or 400W unit will do nothing to accomplish that.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

/sarcasm

Government is moving in that direction, trying to limit the size of sodas you can buy, limiting what light bulb you can buy, limiting what toilet you can use, limiting what a child can bring to school for lunch, etc....

Regarding cars, they are limiting the horsepower by regulating the fuel economy, your dream of 75 horsepower is coming soon. Vaping will be fine, you can use your 100w mod so long as it would run on a 200 mah battery...:facepalm:

/no sarcasm

ch2468

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Ontario
I don't know, I kindof like this idea. I've been touting the need for a 80-90w regulated device for a while now. Anything we can do to get the sub-ohmers off mechanical devices is okay in my books.

I think it could do without the SD card slot and wallpaper stuff though. I mean, if they're going to go that far, why not jam a speaker in there and add mp3 capabilities? (and maybe a camera...)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Government is moving in that direction, trying to limit the size of sodas you can buy, limiting what light bulb you can buy, limiting what toilet you can use, limiting what a child can bring to school for lunch, etc....

Regarding cars, they are limiting the horsepower by regulating the fuel economy, your dream of 75 horsepower is coming soon. Vaping will be fine, you can use your 100w mod so long as it would run on a 200 mah battery...:facepalm:

/no sarcasm

Yeah. They're already geared up to ban 100w light bulbs. Scratch "100w light bulb", insert "100w mod" and presto, new reg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread