are these legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
I can't tell for sure, but they look like they are. The labeling is slightly different than my AW 2000 mah batts, but mine are a few years old now. (plus, who's to say mine are legit?).

The price seems to be in line with everyone else, though. So, if you aren't sure I would pick from the trusted vendors list here on ECF and pick them up there.

You might even get some Sony VTR4 or 5's. They are the really popular batteries right now and are about the same price. The VTR allow a higher discharge current. That may not matter now, but later if you decide you want to sub ohm you will already have the batteries that can handle it.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Those are indeed legit but why would you spend that kind of money on those when you can buy the Sont VTR4 or 5 as mentioned above for the same price?

Unless you have a mod that will not allow the use of high amp batteries, the Duke as an example, I'd look at the Sonys or even Panasonics but the AW IMRs are an old stand by battry for sure. Not that it's a bad product, there are just newer available.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Well IMA be using this for a vamo v2 with a nautilus tank and one of the veterans told me they are good what I want, BTW do you guys know if those batteries are the long ones

Are you talking about "nipple tops" versus flat tops...I think only Provari requires nipple top batteries.
if you're looking something for the Vamo 2, get the new 2900 ohm Panasonic or something with longer life..

Panasonic NCR18650PF 2900 mAh

A Vamo won't benefit from a higher AMP battery, but that RTD Sony deal is cheaper and better in the long run...in case you want to throw into mechanical mod later. Save yourself the heartache and get it from legit vendor like RTD, the Sony combo deal is about the same price with shipping.

or if you want to spend little bit more: plus there is 10% coupon on the net
Sony 18650VTC5 2600MAH 30A Battery - Eciggity

Here is little more info on flatop versus nipple top for Vamo 2

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1141100/t/1035202/flat-or-button-top-model-for-vamo-v2

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I made the mistake of buying a non authentic AW 2000mah 18650 off of eBay. I went through the AW thread on the CPF Marketplace and found another person with ones identical to mine which we're deemed fake by Mr.AW himself. What stinks is that they were from a supplier that is part of ECF. So I guess it's going in the only for my flashlights pile. I've only been going through RTD Vapor after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread