• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Are there any threads on South African retailers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanl

Dec 2, 2011
Pretoria, South Africa
I bought my Ego, parts and most of my juices from a local guy but will probably be importing many items in future.

They were not that badly priced (and as I can collect directly from them or have it posted to me next day delivery much more convenient, especially for those last second purchases).

I wanted to make a gummy tank and needed carto's and a drip tip, I could have waited several weeks to get these but went to the shop, bought 10 carto's for R200 and they gave me a drip tip for free. Had my first mod vaping within an hour of getting home :)

I also think that by supporting local resellers we can get the product more popular (and ultimately cheaper) in SA than it is at present.

Last edited:

JO GSA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2011
Lichtenburg

I also think that by supporting local resellers we can get the product more popular (and ultimately cheaper) in SA than it is at present.

I do agree with you on this point BUT..... there is not one local supplier that have a decent variety of juices, not one of the suppliers do have a variety of cartos or attys, the juice prices are almost duble that of in USA and China.....

SO yes I would support them if they started to shape up. For example, yesterday I read about organic juice in the USA. Granted I dont think our market is as big as in the USA at the moment, but there is massive opertunities.

Seanl you are talking about cartos, I bought 5 x DC(dual coil) in 1 .5 ohm cartos from HC for R50.00, RY4 24mg VG in SA R150.00, in China R54.59 come on :2c:...... whos moaning about shipping costs then :glare: ????

I realy do hope there are SA vendors thats on ECF and raed this thread :vapor:

Last edited:

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
Ok. Let's start:
Twisp has a Janty but is only 640 mAh. Looks like a Reo Mini somewhat but bat voltage too low for 1.5ohm.
Eciggies has good prices for DC Cartos but juice is R60/10ml
Electronic Cig Store has the old ecigs. Not for us seasoned vapors.
Charmshop has no juice flavours and the non flavours are R50.00 per ??? ml.
Easycig has no cartos. Only atty.
ElectoCig's website takes ages to open and uses too much MB's so clicked out.
Njoy is still the old ecig generation.
Puffaway is also the old generation and their juice is an astronomical R200.00/10ml
Saliquide has good price for liquid. R32-R40 per 10ml
SmartCig link broken
Vaping101 has cartos but no ohm info. Juice and bats too expensive.
The SA suppliers must realize that ecigs are improving with leaps and bounds and they must keep up.
Who uses attys anymore. Far too expensive vs cartos.

Nomdo

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Sasolburg, South Africa
Ja, maybe I should have been a bit more clear. I looked at importing a year ago and I was discouraged by the shipping cost and the time it takes. I've imported from Tasty Vapor and Greenhouse One - more than a month before the stuff was finally here. Tasty vapor was worth the wait, but not GH1.

But I will look into he Reo's, etc again. I need something that can withstand dropping.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
Just gotta add Vaper to the list for Cape Town vapers. Excellent customer service, wide selection of juices and spares/kits for the Leo, Leo Stick and X-Power.

Phoned today and they're awaiting delivery of X-power cartomizers which I'm dying to try out.

Definitely the best (possibly only, not counting Twisp) suppliers in Cape Town, IMO.
Their juice is great. I buy their extra high strength menthol at R110.00 per 20ml bottle and mix it with 20% VG. Good taste and TH as well as plumes of vapour with 1.7 ohm carto.

Sea Wolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
South Atlantic Ocean Coast
Johnny you should phone or send an email to Walter at eciggies. He is very helpful and I'm sure he will answer your questions.
I've ordered from him on numerous occasions and never had a problem.
You are right about all these online shops, none of these websites give enough information on their products.
To make it worse we are ordering products we can't see or touch.

Johnny2puffs

Moved On
Oct 9, 2011
I did send him an email about this problem and added a link to this site. Not heard anything yet. Hopefully they are adding this info on their website as we speak to get on par with the overseas sellers.
If they do, I will consider buying and promoting them. Surely we cannot buy blindly. We need to see what we as seasoned vapers buy. I order 20 bottles and 10 cartos each time to last me if I know what I get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread