Are there any DIY wire brands to avoid?

ducasse

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2020
Drammen, Norway
www.reddit.com
Kidney Puncher is quality stuff, one of the better widely available options, I have a ton of their stuff and have always been happy with it.

Not familiar with the other brand, *guessing* that is Chinese made. I generally try to avoid Chinese wire as much as possible, stuff like Sandvik or Temco (Western made wire) are generally higher quality with less impurities.

This isn't an anti-China thing, it's just generally agreed upon that their wire is not as high quality to the best of my knowledge.

Most or all of the Western wire brands like Kidney Puncher is just Sandvik or Temco with another label slapped on it. Sandvik owns the kanthal trademark, so they're the only ones who can sell their wire labelled 'kanthal', most others call theirs A1.

Temco wire is available directly from them through their Amazon storefront, or it used to be anyway.

Trent Adams

Nov 29, 2020
Iceland
Kidney Puncher is quality stuff, one of the better widely available options, I have a ton of their stuff and have always been happy with it.

Not familiar with the other brand, *guessing* that is Chinese made. I generally try to avoid Chinese wire as much as possible, stuff like Sandvik or Temco (Western made wire) are generally higher quality with less impurities.

This isn't an anti-China thing, it's just generally agreed upon that their wire is not as high quality to the best of my knowledge.

Most or all of the Western wire brands like Kidney Puncher is just Sandvik or Temco with another label slapped on it. Sandvik owns the kanthal trademark, so they're the only ones who can sell their wire labelled 'kanthal', most others call theirs A1.

Temco wire is available directly from them through their Amazon storefront, or it used to be anyway.
Thank you for your insight, cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread