are LG he4's safe with a .15 coil at 80w?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhad93

Mar 12, 2017
i recently purchased a geekvape illusions tank which is running on my evic vtc dual mod. the coils are .15 ohm and i was wondering if it was safe to run with LG HE4's. according to an ohms law calculator, the current is almost 24 amps, however, the Max continuous discharge current for these he4's are 20amps. if it is safe, what would be the highest wattage i can run at safely?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Agree with what both @pappcam and @Hawise said.

Not familiar with the VTC dual but did a quick search. It appears you can run it with either 1 or 2 cells. Im assuming you're running with 2 cells as its got a 75W limit on a single cell.

With regulated mods we use Watts law instead of Ohms law. Basically, you divide the total wattage by the number of cells, then divide by the cutoff voltage of the mod and then to err on the safe side we factor in the efficiency of the mod chip(for the most part its safe to assume a 90% efficiency).

Generally I assume a cutoff voltage of about 3.2V, please do your own calculations if you know the cutoff to be lower than this.

For this example I'll go step by step:
80W/2 = 40W
40W/3.2V = 12.5A
12.5A/0.9 = 13.9A

Basically you are pulling about 14A from each cell at the cutoff which is fine for a 20A CDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread