RDA Archon RDA - First thoughts and experienced building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So I just got my Archon rda by CCI after seeing it pop up everywhere and watching some reviews. I was loving my Troll with chuff cap for about a month until the center post started spinning. I opted for the Archon for its cloud chasing reputation as well as its hexagonal center post and deep juice well specs. Loving all these affordable authentic coming out btw.

Anyway my favorite build on my Troll was a dual coil 24 gauge 5 wrap 3mm ID (0.25 ohm). Loved how it performed with the chuff for clouds AND flavor.

Since I just got some 22 gauge kanthal I decided to try a little lower in the Archon and put in a dual coil 22 gauge 7 wrap 2.4mm ID (0.19 ohm). So far the performance is great but the flavor is not as good as I expected. I definitely expected the flavor to be better than with my Troll with chuff cap. Maybe I'm just used to the extreme wide bore experience now.

I aimed the coils to sit right in between the bottom set of holes and the next set above them. Even with the airflow wide open, it has a slight restriction over the Troll with chuff.

With this first build and coil placement, the vape is pretty good I guess, I just feel like I'm not building it right or it would be much better with a chuff cap. Has anyone tried fitting one on the Archon? Or know of one being made for it? Or have any tips for building on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Das Auto

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Pacific NW, USA
You don't mention what mod you are using. Are you able to 'safely' vape that low a resistance with your mod and/or batteries? That could be issue number 1. Issue #2 could be that you are used to the chuff cap and/or your expectations were skewed for some reason. Just cause something has "a lot" of hype behind it, doesn't mean it'll be that!! Try a different coil build and see if that changes your experience with it!

this is, at least, my $0.03...

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
You don't mention what mod you are using. Are you able to 'safely' vape that low a resistance with your mod and/or batteries? That could be issue number 1. Issue #2 could be that you are used to the chuff cap and/or your expectations were skewed for some reason. Just cause something has "a lot" of hype behind it, doesn't mean it'll be that!! Try a different coil build and see if that changes your experience with it!

this is, at least, my $0.03...

If the performance is great but the flavor isn't what I expected how could me not vaping safe be the issue?

I apologize. I'm using it on a dual parallel 18650 dual mosfet unregulated box mod with two brand new fully charged and married LGHE4S. That's two 20A continuous max discharge rated batteries sharing 22.11 Amps load between them, so yes I believe I am safe.

Anyway, I built the coils higher and at a higher resistance (0.25 ohm) with 24 gauge and I'm liking the flavor much more now. I just always thought that heat intensified the flavor generally but I'm assuming that is not the case for all juices. I'm vaping mostly Mister E menthol fruit flavors and at 0.25 it's delicious but at 0.2 I seem to mostly taste "hot menthol" if that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread