April 1st...A big payday for the government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~kerri

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
San Francisco, CA. USA
"...If you can't find in store - go online and try pick up some before the price hike. I buy from RYOcigarette.com..."

Wildsky- Thank you for that! I went and looked locally but cans of my rolling tobacco were out -went to the above website, not only did they have what I wanted- it was 7 bucks a can cheaper than what my usual spot used to charge me.

I would love to say I am done smoking but the truth is although I have cut down by over 1/2 since starting to vape, stress makes me smoke more & I was getting stressed at the rising cost of tobacco...

Kristy_424

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
USA (Michigan)
I don't know what the Michigan quit line is doing now...I do know they shut down for at least awhile-and not all that long ago. Sometime within the past few years.

Anyway, I tried their 'free' stop smoking program-patches. And you know what? The instructions in the boxes of patches said 'x number of weeks on the high mg patches, x number on the medium and x on the low."

The guidelines for the Michigan quit line were exactly opposite of the manufacturers directions, so it's my opinion that Michigan wants it to LOOK like they want you to stop smoking, but in reality, all they're doing is setting you up to fail so you can keep padding their pockets with cigarette taxes.

skullsoup432

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2009
Michigan USA
I don't know what the Michigan quit line is doing now...I do know they shut down for at least awhile-and not all that long ago. Sometime within the past few years.

Anyway, I tried their 'free' stop smoking program-patches. And you know what? The instructions in the boxes of patches said 'x number of weeks on the high mg patches, x number on the medium and x on the low."

The guidelines for the Michigan quit line were exactly opposite of the manufacturers directions, so it's my opinion that Michigan wants it to LOOK like they want you to stop smoking, but in reality, all they're doing is setting you up to fail so you can keep padding their pockets with cigarette taxes.

Huh, they are smarter than I thought.

A few times I've had to go to the 24 hour convenience store for tobacco. I went to get a paper and checked their supplies. As I left, a clerk said "Sorry, they didn't send us much , just menthol." They never have much anyways, but a lot less now.

I still think that a lot of people are planning on the last minute stock up, and are gonna be sorely mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread