Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Me, having been diagnosed ADHD in 1969, should have been the first person to notice my sons symptoms!! NOT!! He didn't have the hyperactivity, and was classified as 'gifted' as many of us are!! I never saw it!! I made excuses! When he was finally diagnosed at 16, MOTHER GUILT!! OMG!! The difference in him was astonishing!! Mom wants YOU to be happy!! Kudos for taking the first step!!

Well, remember, back then it was ADD. There wasn't as much hyperactivity in the diagnosis. I was in gifted class all through out elementary school as well. But when I got to middle and HS is when I started tanking. I really need to take advantage of my medical coverage from work and get back into some treatment. I'm odd now tho. My work life is what is thriving, and it's everything else that has suffered some. But work is different every day. (I'm in hospitality as concierge and front desk supervisor at a hotel at Disney). I think that's what makes it so that I thrive at work. Every day brings new experiences and challenges to solve. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread