Apollo battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
I bought the Apollo Extreme kit Mar 1 and have had nothing but problems with the batteries. They are automatic, dont know the stats on them. One battery never shuts off, it melts cartomizers. 2 others show green as fully charged but dont work and one that works is VERY hard to draw off of, like something is stuck inside. Any ideas?

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
They are sending me 2 new batteries but frankly not sure I want to keep bothering with them. Other than the starter kit I've bought 2 and they've sent me one free. So out of 5 batteries , 2 work, one being very hard to draw off of. Plus the one that never shuts off, take a couple drags and disconnect before the cartomizer burns up.

JimSmith94

Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Irving, TX USA
I bought the Apollo Extreme kit Mar 1 and have had nothing but problems with the batteries. They are automatic, dont know the stats on them. One battery never shuts off, it melts cartomizers. 2 others show green as fully charged but dont work and one that works is VERY hard to draw off of, like something is stuck inside. Any ideas?

I bought their standard kit for my first go at vaping, which is about the same as yours. I had similar battery problems but they were intermittent and I haven't bothered trying to get them replaced. One of them started burning the cartomizer and the battery light wouldn't even go off even after I unscrewed the cartomizer.

Apollo suggested cleaning all of the contacts, especially the charging socket in the PCC. I haven't had the problems since, but the black paint is wearing off the batteries and the cartomizers don't hold much eliquid, so I have moved on to eGo-C batteries and CE4 cleaoromizers for now.

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
I bought their standard kit for my first go at vaping, which is about the same as yours. I had similar battery problems but they were intermittent and I haven't bothered trying to get them replaced. One of them started burning the cartomizer and the battery light wouldn't even go off even after I unscrewed the cartomizer.

Apollo suggested cleaning all of the contacts, especially the charging socket in the PCC. I haven't had the problems since, but the black paint is wearing off the batteries and the cartomizers don't hold much eliquid, so I have moved on to eGo-C batteries and CE4 cleaoromizers for now.

Thanks...now I dont feel like its just me!! Same here. Also am looking into the Ego U Starter Kit with those cartos.

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
Whatever keeps you from smoking is a good thing.

For me cigalikes were nothing but problems and frustration, I smoked just as many cigarettes as I always did while using them.

Been off cigs since 2/11 after 43 yrs of smoking so its working but I think I need to upgrade from the cigarette style battery.

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY

Did you take the battery apart?

Papacrane

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2013
Western NY
Update to my problem...OK....First bought the kit Mar 1...came with 2 batteries. Purchased 2 more batteries. All batteries malfunctioned , symptons described in earlier posts...Apollo has sent me over the past couple weeks 4 new batteries....one of those has now quit. So out of EIGHT batteries I have 3 that are ...cough....still operating.

Apollo tells me they have had no other complaints on batteries :ohmy: However another poster here had some of the same issues I did. Just a word to the wise out there that the Apollo EXTREME batteries just might give you a giant headache.

I'm going with EGO soon. BTW.....anyone take these batteries apart and fix them before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread