Anyone using those bigger, longer 510 batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Anyone using those bigger, longer 510 batteries ?

I asked different suppliers if they are going to get them, they all said that Joye makes them, and Joye will not sell to them, they will only sell to Janty and Totally Wicked. Those are the two suppliers that cost higher, $20.00, more than most other suppliers.

And if you are using one, how do they compare to battery hours, and throat hit?

Last edited:

Aeni

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
I ordered the 5-pack from wicked, and they've been awesome. Since I got them, I've not even touched the original batteries. Guess I've got them as back ups if something goes wrong. I can't give any hard numbers on how much longer they last, cause I vape very inconsistently -- Some days I vape all day, some days hardly at all. But I went from carrying two of the original batteries with me, and having to carry the charger cause I knew I'd need it before the day was up, to carrying 3 of the super batts, and having them last me 2-3 days without worry.

The 5-pack is a pretty good price, I'd definitely go for that. Even if one ends up DOA (since there's no warranty), it'd probably still be worth it.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I ordered the 5-pack from wicked, and they've been awesome. Since I got them, I've not even touched the original batteries. Guess I've got them as back ups if something goes wrong. I can't give any hard numbers on how much longer they last, cause I vape very inconsistently -- Some days I vape all day, some days hardly at all. But I went from carrying two of the original batteries with me, and having to carry the charger cause I knew I'd need it before the day was up, to carrying 3 of the super batts, and having them last me 2-3 days without worry.

The 5-pack is a pretty good price, I'd definitely go for that. Even if one ends up DOA (since there's no warranty), it'd probably still be worth it.
Did you need a adapter to charge these longer battery's, like the 810 manual battery's. I have just regular 510 chargers, not from TW, or Janty. They should work in my 510 charger?

Last edited:

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I got some and they fit in the 510 charger. Of course they are too long for the PCC.
Just ordered from TW, the 5 pack of XL 510 battery's, and the mega charger that chargers 5 batteries at one time. TW has 30% off today until 7 PM for their birthday. Paid $73.47 with shipping for all. You should check it out now 30% off everything.

Last edited:

kentu

Jul 27, 2009
Got a 5-pack from TW last week and have used them most of the time. I still prefer the standard battery length and how it fits in my hand. As fas as run time, the best way to describe it is to say that you'll get about 50% more vaping time compared to a standard battery. The longer batt. can store 280mah vs. the stanard batt stores 180mah. Also be aware the longer batt. takes longer to charge as well.

Vapor performance is exactly the same as both output the same voltage.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Got a 5-pack from TW last week and have used them most of the time. I still prefer the standard battery length and how it fits in my hand. As fas as run time, the best way to describe it is to say that you'll get about 50% more vaping time compared to a standard battery. The longer batt. can store 280mah vs. the stanard batt stores 180mah. Also be aware the longer batt. takes longer to charge as well.

Vapor performance is exactly the same as both output the same voltage.
I have been using mine now for 2 days, they seem to have about that, double the time. But what really made a difference was a new antty, I put on the old one I have been using over a month. But when I but on a brand new one WOW, what vapor, and throat hit. Learned now to use a new antty about every 30 days.
Just one question, how long of charge do they need?

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I've got a couple of them and I love them. They probably last about twice as long.. and of course, they take twice as long to charge! And I actually prefer the way that they fit in my hand.

I took apart the standard PCC and it looks like it can easily be modified to accept these batteries... and that's what I plan on doing. Of course, the PCC won't be able to charge as many of the long ones as it did the short..... but it all will work out just fine. IN the end it will be the same amount of vaping.

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
I've got a couple of them and I love them. They probably last about twice as long.. and of course, they take twice as long to charge! And I actually prefer the way that they fit in my hand.

I took apart the standard PCC and it looks like it can easily be modified to accept these batteries... and that's what I plan on doing. Of course, the PCC won't be able to charge as many of the long ones as it did the short..... but it all will work out just fine. IN the end it will be the same amount of vaping.
let us see pics when you mod the PCC

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
I'll take pics. But you won't be able to tell that it has been modified from the outside. I think I have just enough room to move the existing batter receptacle down and have it just be long enough to accept the Mega batteries.
cool let us know. are you using the manuals or autos? the autos are a little shorter

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
I'll take pics. But you won't be able to tell that it has been modified from the outside. I think I have just enough room to move the existing batter receptacle down and have it just be long enough to accept the Mega batteries.
Please let me know how you modified it, and a pic if possible when you are done, I would like to do it to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread